[MyAppleMenu] Nov 15, 2013

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Fri Nov 15 18:59:01 EST 2013

*** All About Tagging In The Mavericks Finder ***
<http://tidbits.com/article/14249?rss>
Josh Centers, TidBITS

> Tags have been popular since the dawn of “Web 2.0,” but I never quite wrapped my head around them. So when file tagging was announced as a feature of OS X 10.9 Mavericks, I wasn’t terribly excited. But after playing with the feature for a few weeks, my eyes have been opened to just how powerful Finder tagging is.

*** Gmail Update Brings iOS 7 Inspired Design And New iPad Features ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/11/gmail-update-brings-ios-7-inspired-design-and-new-ipad-features>
Brent Dirks, AppAdvice

*** Apple Releases iOS 7.0.4 To Fix FaceTime Problem ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2063390/apple-releases-ios-7-0-4-to-fix-facetime-problem.html>
Dan Moren, Macworld

> While most of the update seems to concern unenumerated bug fixes and performance improvements, the one change Apple does call out is a fix for FaceTime calls that would fail for some users. And, of course, there’s the usual assortment of security patches that you’ll want.

*** At Last, iBooks And iTunes U Apps Gets iOS 7 Look ***
<http://www.imore.com/last-ibooks-and-itunes-u-apps-gets-ios-7-look>
Peter Cohen, iMore

> What's left is a clean, minimalistic look that better reflects the iOS 7 aesthetic.

*** iWork For iCloud Update Brings Those Collaborative Tools We've Been Waiting For ***
<http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/14/iwork-update/>
Brian Heater, Engadget