[MyAppleMenu] Nov 14, 2013

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Thu Nov 14 18:59:00 EST 2013

*** How To E-mail Web Pages In OS X ***
<http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-57612228-263/how-to-e-mail-web-pages-in-os-x/>
Topher Kessler, CNET

*** Should I Ditch The PC For An iPad? ***
<http://www.accountingtoday.com/accounting-technology/news/should-i-ditch-the-pc-for-an-ipad68666-1.html>
John Higgins, Accounting Technology

> The iPad was never intended to replace the PC for business users; it is a significantly different device. It enhances our ability to get things done that the PC doesn’t accomplish as well. It’s simply a matter of form.

*** Ariel's Musical Surprise iPhone App Review: A Fun Disney App! ***
<http://www.tapscape.com/ariels-musical-surprise-iphone-app-review/>
Tucker Cummings, Tapscape

> Ariel’s Musical Surprise is a great way to encourage kids to get excited about music.

*** Getting Started With iMovie 10 ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2063380/getting-started-with-imovie-10.html#tk.rss_all>
Christopher Breen, Macworld

*** Day One Updated For iOS 7 With New Design, Music Integration, Motion Activity ***
<http://www.macstories.net/news/day-one-updated-for-ios-7-with-new-design-music-integration-motion-activity/>
Federico Viticci, MacStories

> Day One, my favorite journaling app for iOS and OS X, has received an update today that brings a visual refresh for iOS 7, support for background fetch via Dropbox, and new data tracking sources.

*** More Apple Stores Will Be Open On Thanksgiving Day And Open Earlier On Black Friday ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2013/11/14/more-apple-stores-will-be-open-on-thanksgiving-day-and-open-earlier-on-black-friday/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+9To5Mac-MacAllDay+%289+to+5+Mac+-+Apple+Intelligence%29>
Sarah Guarino, 9 To 5 Mac

> These include West 14th Street in New York City, Lincoln Road in Miami Beach, San Francisco, Pioneer Place in Portland Oregon, The Grove in Los Angeles, Third Street Promendade in Santa Monica, Fashion Valley in San Diego and Ala Moana in Honolulu.

> On Black Friday, some Apple Stores will be opening at 3am. Most Apple Stores, however, will open at 6am, even when other stores in the same mall or same shopping plaza are opening early. We are told that Apple Stores in some malls have to pay a penalty to the mall owners for opening ‘late.’

*** Keyboard Maestro 6.3 ***
<http://tidbits.com/article/14294?rss>
Agen G. N. Schmitz, TidBITS

*** Apple’s $10.5B On Robots To Lasers Shores Up Supply Chain ***
<http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-11-13/apple-s-10-5b-on-robots-to-lasers-shores-up-supply-chain.html>
Adam Satariano, Bloomberg

> The spending, which Apple outlined in its fiscal 2014 capital-expenditure forecast, underscores how the world’s most valuable company is diving deeper into designing and inventing technology for its manufacturing process.

*** Trapped Inside The Novel ***
<http://www.nybooks.com/blogs/nyrblog/2013/oct/28/novel-trap/>
Tim Parks, The New York Review Of Books