[MyAppleMenu] Jun 28, 2013

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Fri Jun 28 18:59:00 EDT 2013

*** Get Familiar With Dictation In OS X ***
<http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-57591408-263/get-familiar-with-dictation-in-os-x/?part=rss&subj=news&tag=title>
Topher Kessler, CNET

> With a little practice and the right resources, Apple's Dictation service can be an exceptionally useful feature.

*** Google Earth 7.1 For iOS Now Includes Street View ***
<http://www.tuaw.com/2013/06/27/google-earth-7-1-for-ios-now-includes-street-view/>
Yoni Heisler, TUAW

*** Droplr 3 Brings iPad Support, Native Sharing, And More ***
<http://www.imore.com/droplr-3-brings-ipad-support-native-sharing-and-more>
Allyson Kazmucha, iMore

> Droplr has been updated to version 3.0 which brings with it native iPad support, new sharing options, a tweaked interface, and more. For those not familiar with Droplr and what it does, it's a great way to share all kinds of files and store them in one universal place. With support from many third party apps, it's a great option for keeping track of all the files, photos, and videos you want to share across all your networks.

*** Leisure Suit Larry Now Available For PC, Mac, Launches On Mobile Tomorrow ***
<http://www.macgasm.net/2013/06/27/leisure-suit-larry-now-available-for-pc-mac-launches-on-mobile-tomorrow/>
Andrew Kunesh, Macgasm

> This game features all new graphics and an original music score by Austin Wintory. However, the game has kept its original plot: will Larry Laffer find true love? The game takes place in Lost Wages and, of course, features tons of risqué jokes. So if you loved the game in the 80s and 90s, you’re sure to love it now as Leisure Suit Larry has been produced by Al Lowe, the original creator of the series, and Replay Games.

*** AOL For iPad Now In The App Store ***
<http://www.tuaw.com/2013/06/27/aol-for-ipad-now-in-the-app-store/>
Steven Sande, TUAW

> The app was designed from the ground up for the iPad, featuring a tiled UI with stories that can be tapped to dive in deeper. While the app opens with a window onto general featured news, users can select their area of interest to focus only on stories in that area: entertainment, food, health, money, sports, style, tech, travel and world.

*** Songza Review: The Best Way Yet To Yet To Stream Music On Your iPhone ***
<http://www.imore.com/songza-iphone-review-stream-your-music-style-complete-your-own-personal-concierge>
Allyson Kazmucha, iMore

> Songza for iPhone is a streaming music service that takes a different approach to discovering music than traditional apps such as Pandora. Songza comes complete with your own personal concierge. Just tell Songza what you're doing or what kind of mood you're in and you'll instantly be served with playlists curated by experts based on what you've specified.

*** iOS 7 To Remove Major Education Roadblock ***
<http://tidbits.com/article/13877?rss>
Josh Centers, TidBITS

*** How To Stop Excessive MacBook Fan Noise ***
<http://www.zdnet.com/how-to-stop-excessive-macbook-fan-noise-7000017417/>
Jason D. O'Grady, ZDNet

*** Apple Fail: The Ridiculous Guideline That’s Preventing iCloud From Doing What It Was Born To Do ***
<http://www.autriv.com/apple-fail-the-ridiculous-guideline-thats-preventing-icloud-from-doing-what-it-was-born-to-do/?utm_source=loopinsight.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=Feed>
Autriv

> Apple’s reasoning was that they will not allow iOS applications to use iCloud to sync “non-user-generated” data between devices. After some lengthy followup, we learned that while using a “drawing application” to create a new piece of art and then saving that file would be considered “user-generated”, using our app to add a signature and content to a PDF and saving it as a new file is not “user-generated”.

*** Adobe Dreamweaver CC ***
<http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2421105,00.asp?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ziffdavis%2Fpcmag+%28PCMag.com%3A+New+Product+Reviews%29>
Edward Mendelson, PC Magazine

> If you're serious about Web design, nothing else comes close, and in the Web design field, it's our obvious and—now that Microsoft has effectively abandoned Expression Web—our only Editors' Choice.

*** Max Payne 3 Review ***
<http://www.maclife.com/article/games/max_payne_3_review>
Mikel Reparaz, Mac Life

> While the Mac version has a few irritating technical problems, Max Payne 3 still shines through as a high-quality shooter with a smart story, intense action, and sky-high production values.

*** Review: Apple 27-Inch iMac (Late 2012) ***
<http://www.canadianreviewer.com/cr/2013/6/27/review-apple-27-inch-imac-late-2012.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+canadianreviewer%2FnPFE+%28Canadian+Reviewer-+News%2C+views+and+analysis%29>
Gadjo Cardenas Sevilla, Canadian Reviewer

> This is a mature product, one that's been refined for close to eight years of constant improvement and design. The latest iMa simply brings together the best of performance and design in one convenient, striking and powerful package.

*** Review: Together 3 One Of The Better File And Data Organizers For The Mac ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2042953/review-together-3-one-of-the-better-file-and-data-organizers-for-the-mac.html#tk.rss_all>
Stuart Gripman, Macworld

> Most of us amass disparate pieces of information we need to keep around, be they receipts for online purchases, scans of important documents, or just notes we’ve typed. Together 3 aims to keep all those bits of information in one easy to organize place. Building upon the already excellent Together 2, the new revision adds some compelling capabilities.

*** iOS 7 As Defense ***
<http://www.marco.org/2013/06/27/ios7-as-defense>
Marco Arment

> The theme is clear: iOS 7’s UI requires some of Apple’s biggest strengths, and efforts to copy it will be hindered by some of Android’s biggest weaknesses.

*** Put A Fork In It ***
<http://www.slate.com/articles/life/culturebox/2013/06/fork_and_knife_use_americans_need_to_stop_cutting_and_switching.single.html>
Mark Vanhoenacker, Slate