[MyAppleMenu] Jun 18, 2013

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Tue Jun 18 18:59:00 EDT 2013

*** Apple Updates Siri's Response To Possible Suicide Risks ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/06/apple-updates-siris-response-to-possible-suicide-risks>
Joe White, AppAdvice

> Potential threats now result in the personal assistant offering to call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline for its user, in a change that is appearing on both iOS 6- and iOS 7-powered iDevices.

*** Adobe Releases 15 All New Creative Cloud Apps ***
<http://www.tuaw.com/2013/06/18/adobe-releases-15-all-new-creative-cloud-apps/>
Michael Grothaus, TUAW

> Adobe has announced the release of 15 all new Creative Cloud apps. In addition to feature updates to Adobe's apps, they all now feature Behance integration. Behance is the world's largest social network aimed at allowing designers to share their work.

Also:
• <a href="http://www.macworld.co.uk/macsoftware/reviews/?reviewid=3453319&olo=rss">Illustrator CC Review</a> (Ben O'Brien, Macworld UK)
• <a href="http://www.macworld.co.uk/macsoftware/reviews/?reviewid=3453318&olo=rss">Dreamweaver CC Review</a> (Craig Grannell, Digital Arts)

*** Review: TextExpander Touch 2 A Typing Timesaver For iOS ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2042230/review-textexpander-touch-2-a-typing-timesaver-for-ios.html#tk.rss_all>
Brian Beam, Macworld

> With this latest update, I’m even happier that I can now use my more advanced snippets on my iOS devices. Here’s hoping that iOS developers will quickly hop onto the TextExpander 2 bandwagon.

*** Buying The New MacBook Air ***
<http://virtualpants.com/post/53248259631/buying-the-new-macbook-air>
Virtual Pants

> Most salespeople would have sold the more expensive computer, but this guy took the time to explain why I didn’t really need it, and convinced me to spend much less. Apple recognizes what few other retailers do: customer satisfaction starts even before a product is purchased, and it is customer satisfaction that makes companies great.

*** Skype Launches Video Messaging ***
<http://www.macstories.net/linked/skype-launches-video-messaging/>
Federico Viticci, MacStories

> Skype videos can be up to three minutes long, and they can be recorded directly from Skype’s apps.

*** Real ***
<http://www.appleoutsider.com/2013/06/17/real/>
Apple Outsider

> It’s the realism I want to talk about. John Gruber calls it “A real thing, not pixels rendered on glass.” Rene Ritchie says “iOS 7 is alive.” This is the sort of update I was hoping iOS 5 would be nearly two years ago.

*** Apple’s 2013 13-Inch MacBook Air Sweetens The Deal For One Of The Best Available Computers ***
<http://techcrunch.com/2013/06/17/2013-macbook-air-review/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Techcrunch+%28TechCrunch%29>
Darrell Etherington, TechCrunch

> For those who value the portability, flexibility and economy of the Air above all, the 2013 edition definitely hits all the right notes.

*** MacBook Air Review (13-Inch, 2013) ***
<http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/17/4436332/macbook-air-review-13-inch-2013>
Nilay Patel, The Verge

> The new Air is the first of a dramatic new breed of computer — it lets you set up a mobile office for a full day without concern for power.

*** Review: Kingdom Rush Frontiers Towers Above Its Predecessor In Every Way ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2042244/review-kingdom-rush-frontiers-towers-above-its-predecessor-in-every-way.html#tk.rss_all>
Chris Holt, Macworld

*** A Barrel Of Trouble: Carl Hiaasen’s ‘Bad Monkey’ Features A Cast Of Oddballs ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/18/books/carl-hiaasens-bad-monkey-features-a-cast-of-oddballs.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0>
Janet Maslin, New York Times

> At the start of Carl Hiaasen’s latest comedic marvel, a visitor fishing near Key West hooks a severed human arm. There is no time for this to register as grisly. A page later the captain of the fishing boat tells the freaked-out tourist reassuringly, “Well, son, we’re in the memory-making business.” You can’t argue with that.

*** Saying Less And Doing More: ‘How to Be a Friend to a Friend Who’s Sick’ Can Be Harder Than It Sounds ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/18/health/how-to-be-a-friend-to-a-friend-whos-sick-can-be-harder-than-it-sounds.html?partner=rss&emc=rss>
Cornelia Dean, New York Times