[MyAppleMenu] Jul 23, 2013

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Tue Jul 23 18:59:01 EDT 2013

*** Embracing Tablets, Comic Book Publishers Cash In On A Digital Revolution ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/22/business/media/comic-books-cash-in-on-a-digital-revolution.html?partner=rss&emc=rss>
Gregory Schmidt, New York Times

> The comic book industry, after years of struggling to bolster sales, appears to have found a way to draw new readers, thanks in part to its push into the digital realm.

*** Realmac Software Releases Ember For Mac ***
<http://www.macgasm.net/2013/07/23/realmac-software-releases-ember-for-mac/>
Andrew Kunesh, Macgasm

> Ember allows its users to add websites, photos, applications, and other content to collections. You can annotate these items and share them to social networks or to local users via AirDrop. The app is meant to be used to collect different things that inspire you and to keep them all in one place.

*** Check It: Todoist 6.0 Introduces New Interface, iPad Optimization And More ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/07/check-it-todoist-6-0-introduces-new-interface-ipad-optimization-and-more>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

*** Review: MobileTV ***
<http://spectrum.ieee.org/telecom/wireless/review-mobiletv>
Stephen Cass, IEEE Spectrum

> The ability to watch broadcasts while out and about during times such as the a­ftermath of an explosion or power failure, instead of trying to glean information byte by byte via a smartphone ­browser, is an appealing one indeed.

*** Belkin Ultimate Keyboard Case For iPad ***
<http://www.wired.com/reviews/2013/07/belkin-ipad-case/>
Scott Gilbertson, Wired

*** What To Do If Mouse Input Stops Working In OS X ***
<http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-57594927-263/what-to-do-if-mouse-input-stops-working-in-os-x/>
Topher Kessler, CNET

> If your mouse cursor disappears or freezes but the system is still responsive, then you can likely remedy the situation without hard-resetting your Mac.

*** Review: Sid Meier’s Ace Patrol Brings Strategic Dogfights To iOS ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2044959/review-sid-meier-s-ace-patrol-brings-strategic-dogfights-to-ios.html#tk.rss_all>
Chris Holt, Macworld

> Strategy games are commonplace on the mobile platform, but the number of games in the strategy genre is sadly lacking. Ace Patrol is not just a valentine to a bygone era in aviation, but a bygone era in gaming. That doesn't mean Ace Patrol is just another retro indulgence, however: It's one of the most clever, unique, and fun strategy games on iOS right now.

*** The Most Amazing Computer Ever ***
<http://www.salon.com/2013/07/22/the_most_amazing_computer_ever/>
Andrew Leonard, Salon

> And then everything worked. It just worked. And my crankiness has melted away. I love you, Silicon Valley! With the MacBook Air as my guide, I can now dream of a better future; a future of rainbows and unicorns and puppy love; a future in which the whole world works as well as my laptop.

*** Bugshot 1.1 ***
<http://www.macstories.net/linked/bugshot-1-1/>
Federico Viticci, MacStories

> Version 1.1 is out today on the App Store, and it brings performance improvements, Open In support, and a Blur tool to pixelate sensitive information.

*** Apple: One Billion iTunes Podcast Subscriptions And Counting ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2044958/apple-one-billion-itunes-podcast-subscriptions-and-counting.html#tk.rss_all>
Lex Friedman, Macworld

> Apple on Monday announced that the iTunes Store eclipsed 1 billion podcast subscriptions.

*** What Do Conductors Actually Do? Review Of 'Inside Conducting' By Christopher Seaman ***
<http://www.spectator.co.uk/books/8966601/inside-conducting-by-christopher-seaman-a-review/>
James McConnachie, The Spectator