[MyAppleMenu] Jul 10, 2013

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Wed Jul 10 18:59:00 EDT 2013

*** Day One For Mac Gains PDF Export And Printing Plus Other Journaling Enhancements ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/07/day-one-for-mac-gains-pdf-export-and-printing-plus-other-journaling-enhancements>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

*** Judge Says Apple Conspired To Raise Prices On E-books ***
<http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/07/10/us-apple-ebooks-idUSBRE9690GE20130710>
Jonathan Stempel, Reuters

> A federal judge on Wednesday ruled that Apple Inc conspired to raise the retail prices of e-books, and said a trial for damages will follow.

> The decision by U.S. District Judge Denise Cote in Manhattan is a victory for the U.S. government and various states, which the judge said are entitled to injunctive relief.

*** Mac Gems: Moment Puts Facebook In Your Menubar ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2043622/mac-gems-moment-puts-facebook-in-your-menubar.html#tk.rss_all>
Lex Friedman, Macworld

> Moment is tidy, elegant, and makes quick work of updating your Facebook status and keeping tabs on your notifications. If those features appeal to you, the app’s sure to please.

*** Secrets Of The Paperless Office: Optimizing OCR ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2043857/secrets-of-the-paperless-office-optimizing-ocr.html#tk.rss_all>
Joe Kissell, Macworld

*** Dropbox Takes On iCloud With Cloud Syncing For Any App ***
<http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/9/4507838/dropbox-moves-beyond-files-looks-to-offer-seamless-cloud-syncing-for>
Dante D'Orazio, The Verge

> At its first ever developer conference today, the company revealed a new service that takes Dropbox away from just files and folders. With a new API called Datastores, the company is hoping to power the way third-party apps sync data like contacts, to-dos, game saves, and more across multiple platforms in near realtime.

*** Path 3.1 Released: Stickers In Comments, New iPad Interface, More ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2013/07/09/path-3-1-released-stickers-in-comments-new-ipad-interface-more/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+9To5Mac-MacAllDay+%289+to+5+Mac+-+Apple+Intelligence%29>
Scott Buscemi, 9 To 5 Mac

*** Yelp Update For iOS Adds Ability To Order Food From Within App ***
<http://www.tuaw.com/2013/07/09/yelp-update-for-ios-adds-ability-to-order-food-from-within-app/>
Yoni Heisler, TUAW

> The feature, however, isn't yet live in every city and will be starting out in San Francisco exclusively before rolling out to additional locations in the coming weeks.

*** Yahoo Updates Mail App For iOS ***
<http://www.tuaw.com/2013/07/09/yahoo-updates-mail-app-for-ios/>
Yoni Heisler, TUAW

*** Plants Vs. Zombies 2 Sprouts Up In The App Store In Australia And New Zealand ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/07/plants-vs-zombies-2-sprouts-up-in-the-app-store-in-australia-and-new-zealand>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

*** Heroes Of Order & Chaos Review ***
<http://www.148apps.com/reviews/heroes-order-chaos-review/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+148apps+%28148Apps+Main%29>
Andrew Stevens, 148Apps

*** Apple, Amazon End 'App Store' Lawsuit ***
<http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/07/09/us-apple-amazon-appstore-lawsuit-idUSBRE9680TT20130709>
Jonathan Stempel, Reuters

> This came after Apple issued to Amazon a covenant not to sue over the online retailer's use of the term, eliminating the need for Amazon to pursue a counterclaim seeking permission.

> "We no longer see a need to pursue our case," Apple spokeswoman Kristin Huguet said. "With more than 900,000 apps and 50 billion downloads, customers know where they can purchase their favorite apps."

*** Review: Microsoft's Office Mobile For iPhone App Will Disappoint Most Users ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2043852/review-microsofts-office-mobile-for-iphone-app-will-disappoint-most-users.html#tk.rss_all>
Jeffery Battersby, Macworld

> While Office for iPhone may provide a modicum of value for some users, the reality is that most Microsoft Office users will see no benefit from this app. The app’s Office 365 requirement, poor user interface, and odd editing tools combine to make Office for iPhone something you should only use if you have to.

*** Desert Bus: The Very Worst Video Game Ever Created ***
<http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/elements/2013/07/the-worst-video-game-ever-created.html?src=longreads>
Simon Parkin, New Yorker