[MyAppleMenu] Jul 9, 2013

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Tue Jul 9 18:59:00 EDT 2013

*** NoteSuite 1.0 Review - Note-taking App Using iCloud ***
<http://www.macworld.co.uk/macsoftware/reviews/?reviewid=3456644&olo=rss>
Cliff Joseph, Macworld UK

> NoteSuite isn’t the most polished note-taking app we’ve ever seen, but it does have one big advantage over rivals such as Evernote in that it uses Apple’s iCloud service to sync your notes and to-do lists across multiple devices.

*** QuikIO 3.0 Brings Support For Video Subtitles, Playlist Creation, Search And More ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/07/quikio-3-0-brings-support-for-video-subtitles-playlist-creation-search-and-more>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

> QuikIO, the quick and easy utility app that lets you stream, download, or share any files from your computers to your iDevices, has just been updated to version 3.0. QuikIO 3.0 brings support for video subtitles, playlist creation and importing, more audio codecs, passcode, search, and photo zoom.

*** Max Payne 3 Review - Fans Of Tarantino, The Sopranos Should Enjoy This Violent Film Noir Action Game ***
<http://www.macworld.co.uk/macsoftware/reviews/?reviewid=3456641&olo=rss>
Cliff Joseph, Macworld UK

> Max Payne 3 is a very violent and bloody game, and one that should definitely be kept away from the kids. It is, however, very stylish and well told, and will certainly appeal to fans of Quentin Tarantino.

*** Auto-pause And Improved Buffering Comes To Pandora For iOS ***
<http://www.imore.com/auto-pause-and-improved-buffering-comes-pandora-ios>
Richard Devine, iMore

> Version 4.4 adds an auto-pause function that kicks in and pauses your music the instant you mute your device, a handy touch to have, and slightly easier than turning on the screen first to manually pause, for sure. Also, in an effort to improve playback quality, Pandora claims to have improved buffering so if you find yourself on a "flaky connection" you shouldn't experience as much stuttering.

*** Cooliris Now Integrates With Tumblr, Evernote And Other Additional Photo Sources ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/07/cooliris-now-integrates-with-tumblr-evernote-and-other-additional-photo-sources>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

*** Sugar Rush For iPhone And iPad Review: Candy Crush Meets Bejeweled Blitz ***
<http://www.imore.com/sugar-rush-iphone-and-ipad-review-candy-crush-meets-bejeweled-blitz>
Allyson Kazmucha, iMore

> Sugar Rush for iPhone and iPad is sure to grab your attention if you fancy playing either Candy Crush or Bejeweled Blitz. The general game play is easier but the concept and the reliance on your friends to give you lives is very much like Candy Crush.

*** Fitbit’s Official App Is Updated With A Number Of Improvements ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/07/fitbits-official-app-is-updated-with-a-number-of-improvements>
Brent Dirks, AppAdvice

*** Twitter For iOS Adds DM Sync, Twitter For Mac Updated With Connect Timeline ***
<http://www.macstories.net/linked/twitter-for-ios-adds-dm-sync/>
Federico Viticci, MacStories

> Reading a DM in Twitter for iOS will now automatically mark it as read in Twitter for Mac, the Twitter website (both desktop and mobile versions), TweetDeck, and Twitter for Android.

*** Using Skitch To Snap Perfect Screenshots ***
<http://mac.tutsplus.com/tutorials/app-training/using-skitch-to-snap-perfect-screenshots/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mactuts+%28Mactuts%2B%29>
Andrew Childress, Mactuts+

> Skitch maintains a lightweight and easy to use feel that has made it a must-use, for me, on the Mac. In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to use Skitch to take, crop, resize and annotate screenshots taken on your Mac — and much more besides.

*** What To Do When Disk Utility Shows Inconsistent Errors With Drives ***
<http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-57592431-263/what-to-do-when-disk-utility-shows-inconsistent-errors-with-drives/>
Topher Kessler, CNET

> Sometimes OS X's Disk Utility may show errors with a drive when it's run from one location, but will describe the drive as perfectly healthy when run from another.

*** ReadKit For Mac Is Almost The Perfect Reading App ***
<http://tidbits.com/article/13894?rss>
Josh Centers, TidBITS

> Originally an app designed as a viewer for read-later services, such as Instapaper, Pocket, and Readability, ReadKit now supports bookmarking services Pinboard and Delicious, plus RSS syncing services Fever, NewsBlur, Feed Wrangler, Feedbin, and it even has its own internal RSS support. The effort has paid off.

*** The Mystery Of The Missing Hotel Toothpaste ***
<http://www.slate.com/articles/life/culturebox/2013/07/toothpaste_in_hotels_why_do_they_provide_shampoo_soap_and_high_end_toiletries.html>
Daniel Engber, Slate