[MyAppleMenu] Jul 8, 2013

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Mon Jul 8 18:59:00 EDT 2013

*** Missing Spaces? TotalSpaces Could Be The Cure ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2043721/missing-spaces-totalspaces-could-be-the-cure.html>
Christopher Breen, Macworld

> Like Spaces, Total Spaces will display a menu bar icon that indicates the desktop you’re currently viewing. From this icon you can select the desktop you’d like to view or choose an overview, which shows you large thumbnails of each desktop.

*** Free On App Store: Infinity Blade II, Superbrothers: Sword And Sworcery EP, Where’s My Water?, Badland, Tiny Wings, Traktor DJ, Day One, Over, Barefoot World Atlas, More ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2013/07/08/free-on-app-store-infinity-blade-ii-superbrothers-sword-and-sworcery-ep-wheres-my-water-badland-tiny-wings-traktor-dj-day-one-over-barefoot-world-atlas-more/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+9To5Mac-MacAllDay+%289+to+5+Mac+-+Apple+Intelligence%29>
9 To 5 Mac

*** Have You Heard? Time-Shifting Audio Recording App Heard Is Back In The App Store ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/07/have-you-heard-time-shifting-audio-recording-app-heard-is-back-in-the-app-store>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

> Basically, the app is an audio recorder that, especially when it’s allowed to run in the background, lets you capture moments from a few seconds or even from a few minutes back. These moments, which you would otherwise miss out on, can range from instructions to meeting proceedings, from your friend’s jokes to your baby’s first words.

*** The Mac Office: Embracing The Nearly Paperless Future ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2043300/the-mac-office-embracing-the-nearly-paperless-future.html#tk.rss_all>
Joe Kisell, Macworld

> You may not be able to achieve a completely paperless life, but that doesn’t mean the paperless office is a myth or failure, any more than the fact that you can still drive a car makes airplanes a failure. Going paperless doesn’t have to be all or nothing to be effective.

*** How To Print Photos From Aperture The Easy Way ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2043266/how-to-print-photos-from-aperture-the-easy-way.html#tk.rss_all>
Derrick Story, Macworld

*** Keyboard Maestro 6.1 ***
<http://tidbits.com/article/13900?rss>
Agen G. N. Schmitz, TidBITS

> The new release adds actions for popping open the Keyboard Maestro status menu as well as for setting Safari and Google Chrome checkbox and radio button behaviors, conceals probable passwords in the Clipboard history, improves accessibility detection and behavior under OS X 10.9 Mavericks, and enables you to read the plain text version of the Clipboard when desired.

*** Are The Stars Aligning Towards The Retirement Of The Faithful iPod Classic? ***
<http://www.imore.com/are-stars-aligning-towards-retirement-venerable-ipod-classic>
Richard Devine, iMore

> Along with the iPhone 4 and 4S, the iPod classic is the last of the 30-pin devices.

Also:
• <a href="http://www.electronista.com/articles/13/07/07/ipod.classic.finally.set.for.retirement.six.years.after.its.introduction/">The iPod classic: the long goodbye?</a> (Sanjiv Sathiah, Electronista</a>

*** Hypocrisy, Thy Name Is (Duh!) Washington ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/08/books/this-town-by-mark-leibovich-skewers-washingtons-insiders.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0>
David M. Shribman, New York Times

> Of all the irritating things about Washington — the phoniness, the showy cars, the utter inability of a metropolitan area of 6.9 million people to produce a single decent slice of pizza or a passable submarine sandwich with oil and not mayonnaise — none is more infuriating than the local insider habit of referring to the place as “this town,” as in “He’s the most important power broker in this town” or, more likely (and worse), “The way to get ahead in this town is to seem not to be trying to get ahead.”

*** Love And Loss In A Small Texas Town ***
<http://www.dmagazine.com/Home/D_Magazine/2013/July/West_Texas_Love_and_Loss_in_a_Small_Town.aspx?src=longreads>
Zac Crain, D Magazine