[MyAppleMenu] Jul 5, 2013

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Fri Jul 5 18:59:00 EDT 2013

*** Bugs & Fixes: Fixing AirPort Utility 6.3 Problems ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2043691/bugs-and-fixes-fixing-airport-utility-6-3-problems.html#tk.rss_all>
Ted Landau, Macworld

*** Bookmark Your Favorite And Must-Try Places With Matchbook 2.0 ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/07/bookmark-your-favorite-and-must-try-places-with-matchbook-2-0>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

> Matchbook, the app that lets you bookmark your favorite restaurants, bars, pubs and shops, has just been updated to version 2.0.

*** Keep iTunes Metadata When You Re-rip, And Deauthorize Missing Macs ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2043044/keep-itunes-metadata-when-you-re-rip-and-deauthorize-missing-macs.html#tk.rss_all>
Kirk McElhearn, Macworld

> In a grab-bag installment of The iTunes Guy, I look at how to ensure that tags and metadata get retained when you re-rip CDs, how to deauthorize computers for iTunes Store accounts, and how to change the name of your iTunes library for Home Sharing.

*** 'Dots: A Game About Connecting' Review - Links Puzzles And Presentation ***
<http://toucharcade.com/2013/07/04/dots-a-game-about-connecting-review/>
Jake Vander, Touch Arcade

> The appeal of Dots is in the execution.

*** Six Digital Publishing Startups To Watch ***
<http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2013/07/04/digital-publishing-startups/2482879/>
Laura Hazard Owen, PaidContent

> You know you can blog with Tumblr or WordPress, or self-publish a book on Kindle or iBooks. But what's next for the publisher who wants to sell a mobile-native magazine, or the blogger who's sick of messing with plugins?

*** For The First Time, You Can Actually Own The Digital Comics You Buy ***
<http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/07/drm-free-comics-download-image/>
Laura Hudson, Wired

> And while Image comic books will still be offered for sale on ComiXology, iBooks, and every other platform where they were previously available, Image’s Director of Business Development Ron Richards says that offering the direct-to-consumer downloads is important. “There’s something to be said for the ownership factor. If readers purchase a book on ComiXology, that may be their library [on the service] but from what I understand that could be revoked. And God forbid, if ComiXology goes under or their data center has an earthquake all their hard drives go away — then you’ve got nothing.”

*** MacBook Air (2013) Review ***
<http://www.macworld.co.uk/mac/reviews/?reviewid=3452482&olo=rss>
Smon Jary, Macworld UK

*** Essential Anatomy 2 Adds More Systems, iPhone Support, Just In Time For Back To School ***
<http://www.tuaw.com/2013/07/04/essential-anatomy-2-hits-the-app-store-just-in-time-for-back-to/>
Michael Grothaus, TUAW

*** Searching For The ’70S And Finding America ***
<http://www.slate.com/blogs/behold/2013/07/04/searching_for_the_70s_the_documerica_project_at_the_national_archives_photos.html>
David Rosenberg, Slate