[MyAppleMenu] Jul 4, 2013

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Thu Jul 4 18:59:00 EDT 2013

*** Limbo Game For iPad And iPhone Review: A Puzzle Platform Masterpiece ***
<http://www.macworld.co.uk/ipad-iphone/reviews/?reviewid=3456093&olo=rss>
David Price, Macworld UK

> Austere, melancholy, yet often hilarious, LIMBO Game is a work of art. Puzzle gaming experts may consume its evocative delights so quickly that they're left demanding more, while the less able may find the steep learning curve towards the end somewhat taxing, but both groups will find something here to love.

*** Latest iTranslate Voice Update Ensures You Won't Get Lost In Translation ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/07/latest-itranslate-voice-update-ensures-you-wont-get-lost-in-translation>
Joe White, AppAdvice

*** Apple Adopts New App Pricing Tiers, Chinese Users To Pay More ***
<http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90778/8310395.html>
Yu Wei and Gao Yuan, China Daily

> Apple users in China may no longer be buying apps that cost 99 cents in the US for 6 yuan because the company is adopting new pricing tiers in several of its international App Stores.

*** Software As A Monthly Rental ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/04/technology/personaltech/photoshop-cc-turns-software-into-a-monthly-rental.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0>
David Pogue, New York Times

*** Mavericks' New Wave ***
<http://eggfreckles.net/notes/mavericks-new-wave/>
Thomas Brand, Egg Freckles

> The public unveiling of each new version of Mac OS X has brought a new default desktop picture, and a new hunt to find a full-res copy of that wallpaper before the official release.

*** Our Favorite "Lunch Hour" Apps ***
<http://www.tuaw.com/2013/07/03/our-favorite-lunch-hour-apps/>
Dave Caolo, TUAW

> A lunch hour app is one you can pick up and play at anytime. There's no story arc, save points or asset management. A game can be as brief or as involved as you like. There are many games that fit the bill here, and we've selected our favorites.

*** Adobe Edge CC Review ***
<http://www.macworld.co.uk/macsoftware/reviews/?reviewid=3456031&olo=rss>
Paul Lloyd, Macworld UK

*** Angry Birds Adds 15 New Levels, Gives Red Bird Some New Moves ***
<http://www.imore.com/angry-birds-adds-15-new-levels-gives-red-bird-some-new-moves>
Joseph Keller, iMore

> The objective of these new levels is to protect the eggs in the nest from advancing pigs using an upgraded Red Bird, which can now be directed towards their target after launch.

*** Douglas C. Engelbart, Inventor Of The Computer Mouse, Dies At 88 ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/04/technology/douglas-c-engelbart-inventor-of-the-computer-mouse-dies-at-88.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0>
John Markoff, New York Times

*** Vine For iPhone Adds Improved Sharing, Channels, Camera Tools, & Private Account Options ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2013/07/03/vine-for-iphone-adds-improved-sharing-channels-camera-tools-private-account-options/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+9To5Mac-MacAllDay+%289+to+5+Mac+-+Apple+Intelligence%29>
Jordan Kahn, 9 To 5 Mac

*** Understanding Apple’s Organizational Structure ***
<http://www.asymco.com/2013/07/03/understanding-apples-organizational-structure/>
Horace Dediu, Asymco

> In years gone by I would have said that Brand management was Steve Jobs’ direct responsibility. Today I would say that it’s something that needs a direct manager. This is something for which Paul Deneve might be well suited.

*** Two Years On The iPad – The ‘Book Mystique ***
<http://www.macprices.net/2013/07/03/two-years-on-the-ipad-the-book-mystique/>
Charles Moore, MacPrices.net

*** Apple 13-Inch MacBook Air Review ***
<http://www.zdnet.com/apple-13-inch-macbook-air-review-7000017626/>
Charles McLellan, ZDNet

> It may lack an ultra-high-resolution display and touch functionality, but there's little else to fault it.

*** Lab Tested: CTO 11-Inch MacBook Air An Impressive Performer ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2043546/lab-tested-cto-11-inch-macbook-air-an-impressive-performer.html#tk.rss_all>
James Galbraith, Macworld

*** My RV On The Upper West Side ***
<http://www.salon.com/2013/07/03/my_rv_on_the_upper_west_side/>
Josh Max, Salon

> There wasn’t any good way to keep passersby from looking in the windows of my 2013 Winnebago Via — my home on the streets of Manhattan from December to February of this year. It was as though I’d left an 11,000-pound new couch on the curb.

*** Revolution Blues ***
<http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/books/2013/07/new_revolutionary_war_books_by_nathaniel_philbrick_and_joseph_ellis_ignore.html>
Eric Herschthal, Slate

> Why do popular histories of the War of Independence ignore modern scholarship?

*** Love's Labors, Published: David Rakoff's Last Deadline ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/07/books/david-rakoffs-last-deadline.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0>
Joel Lovell, New York Times