[MyAppleMenu] Jul 3, 2013

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Wed Jul 3 18:59:01 EDT 2013

*** Mega Jump Goes Mega With New Universal And Retina Graphics Update ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/07/mega-jump-goes-mega-with-new-universal-and-retina-graphics-update>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

*** Popular Monochromatic Puzzle Platformer Limbo Finally Arrives On iOS ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/07/popular-monochromatic-puzzle-platformer-limbo-finally-arrives-on-ios>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

> Limbo, the popular monochromatic puzzle platformer created by the Danish indie game developer Playdead, has finally gone out of iOS development limbo and has finally appeared in the App Store.

*** How Does The Algorithm To Color The Song List In iTunes 11 Work? ***
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13637892/how-does-the-algorithm-to-color-the-song-list-in-itunes-11-work>
Stack Overflow

*** Popular Translation App iTranslate Voice Adds New Languages, Updated UI, And More ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2013/07/03/popular-translation-app-itranslate-voice-adds-new-languages-updated-ui-and-more/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+9To5Mac-MacAllDay+%289+to+5+Mac+-+Apple+Intelligence%29>
Michael Steeber, 9 To 5 Mac

*** Security Update 2013-003 For Snow Leopard, Lion, And Mountain Lion ***
<http://tidbits.com/article/13889?rss>
Agen G. N. Schmitz, TidBITS

*** Mac Gems: iFlicks Tags And Converts Video Files For iTunes With Finesse ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2042832/mac-gems-iflicks-tags-and-converts-video-files-for-itunes-with-finesse.html#tk.rss_all>
Jonathan Seff, Macworld

> iFlicks does its job with a clean, responsive, and very Mac-like interface that makes working with the software intuitive and fun.

*** How To Rip A DVD With HandBrake ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/1157590/how_to_rip_dvd_handbrake.html#tk.rss_all>
Jonathan Seff, Macworld

> Looking to liberate the movies in your DVD collection from the confines of their plastic-and-metal prison so you can enjoy them on your iPhone, iPod, iPad, and Apple TV? Well look no further—all you need to do is get some free software and follow a few steps.

*** Our Top Five Dropbox Tricks ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2043163/our-top-five-dropbox-tricks.html#tk.rss_all>
Macworld

*** Actions For iPad Creates A Great Touchscreen Control Panel For Your Computer ***
<http://appscout.pcmag.com/apple-ios-iphone-ipad-ipod/313319-actions-for-ipad-creates-a-great-touchscreen-control-panel-for-your-computer>
Ryan Whitwam, PC Magazine

> An app called Actions for iPad lets you build a custom palette of buttons that control just about anything on your Windows or OS X computer.

*** Quickly Fix Dropbox Permissions Errors In OS X ***
<http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-57591872-263/quickly-fix-dropbox-permissions-errors-in-os-x/>
Topher Kessler, CNET

*** Why You Think Your Phone Is Vibrating When It Is Not ***
<http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20130701-why-you-feel-phantom-phone-calls/all>
Tom Stafford, BBC

> Sensing phantom phone vibrations is a strangely common experience. Around 80% of us have imagined a phone vibrating in our pockets when it’s actually completely still. Almost 30% of us have also heard non-existent ringing. Are these hallucinations ominous signs of impending madness caused by digital culture?

> Not at all. In fact, phantom vibrations and ringing illustrate a fundamental principle in psychology.

*** Apple Hires Former Yves Saint Laurent CEO For 'Special Projects' ***
<http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/07/02/us-apple-hire-idUSBRE9611BP20130702>
Poornima Gupta, Reuters

> Deneve, who joined Yves Saint Laurent in 2011 after holding senior positions at fashion brands Courreges, Nina Ricci and Lanvin, held several sales and marketing jobs at Apple in Europe between 1990 and 1997.

*** TeeVee 2 For iPhone, TV Show Tracking With A Modern Look ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2013/07/02/teevee-2-for-iphone-tv-show-tracking-with-a-modern-look-review/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+9To5Mac-MacAllDay+%289+to+5+Mac+-+Apple+Intelligence%29>
Zac Hall, 9 To 5 Mac

*** Daily iPhone App: League Of Evil 3 Stays On The High-quality Path ***
<http://www.tuaw.com/2013/07/02/daily-iphone-app-league-of-evil-3-stays-on-the-high-quality-pat/>
Mike Schramm, TUAW

> The graphics have been updated to look better than ever, and if nothing else, this sequel offers over 80 new levels to play through. There are also new ways to watch replays, including ghosts and an Everyplay tie-in.

*** ReadKit For Mac Keeps Your Reading Together In One Fast, Stylish Place ***
<http://www.imore.com/readkit-mac-keeps-all-your-reading-one-fast-stylish-place>
Richard Devine, iMore

*** How To Write A Novel On Your Mac ***
<http://mac.tutsplus.com/tutorials/productivity/how-to-write-a-novel-on-your-mac/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=how-to-write-a-novel-on-your-mac>
James Cull, Mactuts+

*** A Vintage-style Camera App For The iPad: FieldCam, From Michael Hardaker ***
<http://www.extensions.in.th/amitiae/2013/07_2013/field.html>
Graham K. Rogers, AMITIAE

*** Don’t Say Goodbye ***
<http://www.slate.com/articles/life/a_fine_whine/2013/07/ghosting_the_irish_goodbye_the_french_leave_stop_saying_goodbye_at_parties.html>
Seth Stevenson, Slate

> We all agree it’s fun to say hello. A hello has the bright promise of a beginning. It’s the perfect occasion to express your genuine pleasure at a friend’s arrival. But who among us enjoys saying goodbye? None among us! Not those leaving, and not those left behind.

> Let’s free ourselves from this meaningless, uncomfortable, good time–dampening kabuki. People are thrilled that you showed up, but no one really cares that you’re leaving.

*** The Ocean At The End Of The Lane By Neil Gaiman – Review ***
<http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2013/jul/03/ocean-end-lane-gaiman-review?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+theguardian%2Fbooks%2Frss+%28Books%29>
AS Byatt, The Guardian