[MyAppleMenu] Jul 6, 2013

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sat Jul 6 18:59:00 EDT 2013

*** Sophy Adventures iPad Game Review: Hidden Object With A Twist ***
<http://www.tapscape.com/sophy-adventures-ipad-game-review/>
Tucker Cummings, Tapscape

> If you play a lot of “find the hidden object” games, you’ve probably noticed that many of these games are quite similar to each other. What makes Sophy Adventures so interesting to me is the way that it attempts to break the traditional hidden object mold with some interesting features.

*** Office For iOS Review ***
<http://www.itpro.co.uk/mobile/20141/office-ios-review>
Khidr Suleman, IT Pro

> Office for Mobile is useful for those who want to view documents and carry out minor edits on the move. It's not built as a comprehensive standalone app hence why it comes free for those with an Office 365 subscription. We would prefer an iPad version and the ability to sync with non-Microsoft cloud repositories as well.

*** Photoful For iPhone Is An Ambitious Photo App ***
<http://www.tuaw.com/2013/07/05/photoful-for-iphone-is-an-ambitious-photo-app/>
Dave Caolo, TUAW

*** Despicable Me: Minion Rush Tips, Tricks, And Cheats ***
<http://www.imore.com/despicable-me-minion-rush-tips-tricks-and-cheats>
Allyson Kazmucha, iMore

> Despicable Me: Minion Rush is highly addicting and if you're anything like me, you've probably spent several runs trying to collect bananas, Gru tokens, and more in order to advance.

*** Get Ready For 15 Second Selfies! Instagram Adds Front-facing Camera Support For Cinema, Landscape Support For Everything ***
<http://www.imore.com/get-ready-15-second-selfies-instagram-adds-front-facing-camera-landscape-support>
Rene Ritchie, iMore

*** Change The Font Size Of Messages On The iPhone To Be More Readable ***
<http://osxdaily.com/2013/07/05/change-font-size-messages-iphone/>
OS X Daily

> The default font size for messages and texts on the iPhone is fairly small, and while it may look fine to many users, it’s simply too tiny to be easily readable for others. iOS makes it easy to change the text size though, offering a wide range of options that are suitable for just about everyones visual preferences.

*** Scrivener 2 (For Mac) Review ***
<http://www.itproportal.com/reviews/software/scrivener-2-for-mac-review/?>
William Fenton, ITProPortal.com

> Whether you are writing a novel or a review of a word processor, Scrivener is a reliable companion for your journey. If my experience proves the least bit representative, using Scrivener will take some acclimatisation. Most writers are accustomed to contorting their writing around their word processors. Using Scrivener will demand trust – trust that you can step away from Word, and trust that those fragments will coalesce into a manuscript. Rest assured, you can, and they will. (And where they have not, I cannot fault the software).

*** Wunderlist: This Free App Is The Better Way To Manage Todo Lists ***
<http://teratalks.com/2013/07/wunderlist-this-free-app-is-the-better-way-to-manage-todo-lists/>
Tera Thomas O'Brien, Tera Talks

*** Finest Hour Is A New, Impressive Turn-Based Strategy Game For iPhone ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/07/finest-hour-is-a-new-impressive-turn-based-strategy-game-for-iphone>
Joe White, AppAdvice

> Finest Hour is a brand new turn-based strategy game for the iPhone and iPod touch, in which players must control an army of tanks and fight across the battlefields of Europe in a fun, exciting multiplayer mode of gameplay.

*** Mac Gems: Instacast For Mac Makes Listening To Podcasts A Pleasure ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2043361/mac-gems-instacast-for-mac-makes-listening-to-podcasts-a-pleasure.html#tk.rss_all>
Marco Tabini, Macworld

> If you listen to podcasts, Instacast belongs on your Mac, particularly if you find yourself switching between devices when you're on the go.

*** FunBITS: Star Walk For iPhone And iPad ***
<http://tidbits.com/article/13899?rss>
Josh Centers, TidBITS

> Star Walk might not be the newest app on the block, but it’s mature, packed with features, and a lot of fun. It’s a great excuse to get outdoors on a warm summer night and a wonderful way to introduce children to astronomy.

*** Every Breath You Take ***
<http://www.city-journal.org/2013/bc0702mm.html>
Mark P. Mills, City Journal

> The fascinating thing about the scale of massive data sets is that, as Asimov predicted, they can reveal trends, even behaviors, that tell us what will happen without the need to know the “why.”

*** Google-Eye View: Eric Schmidt And Jared Cohen’s “The New Digital Age” ***
<http://lareviewofbooks.org/article.php?id=1827>
Jathan Sadowski, Los Angeles Review Of Books

> Most Americans look upon technology companies favorably, for the most part. They provide us with useful services, and their visionary executives routinely declare that their primary intention is to change the world for the better. Everyone from Al Gore to Senator John McCain have publicly professed their love for Apple products. But this surfeit of goodwill has allowed tech companies to acquire an astonishing monopoly over a surprising amount of 21st-century life.

*** Pecking Order: John Gray's 'Silence Of Animals' ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/07/books/review/john-grays-silence-of-animals.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0>
Thomas Nagel, New York Times