[MyAppleMenu] Dec 22, 2013

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun Dec 22 18:59:01 EST 2013

*** Bloomberg For iPhone Updated With Financial News And Watchlist Enhancements ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/12/bloomberg-for-iphone-updated-with-financial-news-and-watchlist-enhancements>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

*** Snapchat Competitor Wickr Goes 2.0 With iOS 7 Redesign And More Secure Features ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/12/snapchat-competitor-wickr-goes-2-0-with-ios-7-redesign-and-more-secure-features>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

*** Apple's Staff Are What Sets It Apart From Other Retailers ***
<http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/businessclub/management-advice/10531831/Apples-staff-are-what-sets-it-apart-from-other-retailers.html>
Matt Warman, The Telegraph

> One thing was very clear: these are inviting, semi-public spaces in which Apple builds, one-by-one, a relationship with its customers. Vastly profitable, it’s possible only because of large numbers of engaged staff, bolstered by special events.

*** 12 Things That Show How Small The Mac Pro Really Is ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2082507/12-things-that-show-how-small-the-mac-pro-really-is.html#tk.rss_all>
Dan Frakes, Macworld

> We've all heard that Apple's new Mac Pro is smaller than the old one. But to really get just <i>how</i> small it is, you need to see it in person—or at least next to something familiar. Here are a dozen household objects that will give you some perspective.

*** Review: Bubble Chat For iPhone Is A Colorful Alternative To Facebook Messenger ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2013/12/21/review-bubble-chat-for-iphone-is-a-colorful-alternative-to-facebook-messenger/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+9To5Mac-MacAllDay+%289+to+5+Mac+-+Apple+Intelligence%29>
Mike Beasley, 9 To 5 Mac

*** Christmas Ghost Stories: Stairs ***
<http://www.theguardian.com/books/2013/dec/22/stairs-penelope-lively-ghost-story>
Penelope Lively, The Guardian

*** EBay’s Strategy For Taking On Amazon ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/22/magazine/ebays-strategy-for-taking-on-amazon.html?ref=magazine&_r=0>
Jeff Himmelman, New York Times

> But the proliferation of smartphones and tablets has increasingly led to the use of digital technology to help us make those purchases, and it’s in that convergence that eBay sees its opportunity. As Donahoe puts it: ‘‘We view it actually as <i>and</i>. Not online, not offline: Both.’’

*** The Crossword At 100 ***
<http://www.theguardian.com/books/2013/dec/21/cryptic-crossword-100-years-old-centenary>
Lyne Truss, The Guardian