[MyAppleMenu] Dec 21, 2013

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sat Dec 21 18:59:01 EST 2013

*** Enter The Busy World Of Richard Scarry And Solve Busytown Mysteries ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/12/enter-the-busy-world-of-richard-scarry-and-solve-busytown-mysteries>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

*** Google Play Music Updated For iOS 7, Adds 'I'm Feeling Lucky' Radio And Other Missing Features ***
<http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/21/5231910/google-play-music-updated-for-ios-7-adds-im-feeling-lucky-radio-and>
Kwame Opam, The Verge

*** Ashlar-Vellum Rolls Out Graphite 9 For Mac And Windows ***
<http://appledailyreport.com/ashlar-vellum-rolls-out-graphite-9-for-mac-and-windows/>
Dennis Sellers, Apple Daily Report

> Ashlar-Vellum has released Graphite 9, a new version of their 2D/3D wireframe drafting program on both Mac OS X and Windows.

*** Livescribe 3 Smart Pen Review ***
<http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/12/20/livescribe-3-smart-pen-review/>
Chuong Nguyen, Gotta Be Mobile

*** AirWeb, A Remote Controlled Web Browser For Apple TV ***
<http://www.cultofmac.com/259253/airweb-a-remote-controlled-web-browser-for-apple-tv/>
Charlie Sorrel, Cult Of Mac

*** Apple, Please Give Us A Fix — A Guarantee — That Our iSight Webcams Are Safe ***
<http://techland.time.com/2013/12/20/apple-please-give-us-a-fix-a-guarantee-that-our-isight-webcams-are-safe/>
Matt Peckham, Time

> According to my source, Apple is taking all of this as seriously as any company can, which I interpret to mean we may get clarification on some or all of this soon.

*** Review: Scrivener, The Must-have Software For Would-be Novelists Everywhere ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2013/12/20/review-scrivener-the-must-have-software-for-would-be-novelists-everywhere/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+9To5Mac-MacAllDay+%289+to+5+Mac+-+Apple+Intelligence%29>
Ben Lovejoy, 9 To 5 Mac

> It keeps everything you need in one place, is a brilliant planning tool, allows you to restructure at will and allows you any view of your novel you could possibly wish for – from a clutter-free writing environment through a clickable link to every section in your novel.

*** App Santa: Tweetbot, 1Password, Vesper, And 12 Other Great iOS Apps On Sale For Christmas ***
<http://www.macstories.net/news/app-santa-tweetbot-1password-vesper-and-12-other-great-ios-apps-on-sale-for-christmas/>
Federico Viticci, MacStories

*** 2013 Holiday App Sales! Get 'Em - And Gift 'Em! - While They're Hot! ***
<http://www.imore.com/2013-holiday-app-sales-get-em-and-gift-em-while-theyre-hot>
Rene Ritchie, iMore

*** Two Great Astronomy Apps For Your Holiday Stargazing ***
<http://www.tuaw.com/2013/12/20/two-great-astronomy-apps-for-your-holiday-stargazing/?ncid=rss_truncated>
Mel Martin, TUAW

> Sky Guide and SkySafari are designed for different levels of amateur astronomers, but both are top apps for their target markets. I heartily recommend either one for some great nights under the stars.

*** Snapchat 6.1 Update Brings Smart Filters, Fancy Text, And A Front-facing Flash ***
<http://www.imore.com/snapchat-61-update-brings-smart-filters-fancy-text-and-front-facing-flash>
Allyson Kazmucha, iMore

*** Wallpaper Fix Gives You Another Way To Make Backgrounds In iOS 7 Behave ***
<http://www.imore.com/wallpaper-fix-gives-you-another-way-make-backgrounds-ios-7-behave>
Allyson Kazmucha, iMore

*** Lab Tested: New Mac Pro Is The Speedster We've Been Waiting For (Finally) ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2082568/lab-tested-new-mac-pro-is-the-speedster-weve-been-waiting-for-finally.html#tk.rss_all>
James Galbraith, Macworld

> It should be no surprise that the new 8-core Mac Pro is the fastest Mac we’ve tested, but it was only 8 percent faster overall than our previous champ, a CTO 2013 27-inch iMac.

> The new Mac Pro was 63 percent faster overall than the 2012 12-core 2.4GHz Mac Pro, and nearly twice as fast overall as the 2012 3.2GHz quad-core Mac Pro.

*** In The Shadows Of Pagodas ***
<http://www.asiancha.com/content/view/1547/417/>
Pui Ying Wong, Cha

*** Correspondence To Self: Paul Auster's 'Report From The Interior' ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/22/books/review/paul-austers-report-from-the-interior.html?partner=rss&emc=rss>
Sarah Manguso, New York Times

> Writing multiple novels is generally considered a triumph, writing multiple memoirs a somewhat shameful habit. Still, I’ve never heard anyone sniff about Paul Auster’s autobiographical recidivism; perhaps his 16 acclaimed novels compensate for it. In any case, on the basis of his five memoirs alone, Auster should be recognized as one of the great American prose stylists of our time.

> “Report From the Interior” is a companion text to the 2012 “Winter Journal.” Where that book was a history of the author’s body, this one is a history of his psychological development, from childhood through early adulthood. Both use second-person narration, which is easy to label a gimmick, but here it feels natural, inextricable from the rest of the prose.

*** Almost Human: The Surreal, Cyborg Future Of Telemarketing ***
<http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2013/12/almost-human-the-surreal-cyborg-future-of-telemarketing/282537/>
Alexis C. Madrigal, The Atlantic