[MyAppleMenu] Aug 28, 2013

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Wed Aug 28 18:59:01 EDT 2013

*** How To View Your iPhoto Images On An Apple TV ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2047572/how-to-view-your-iphoto-images-on-an-apple-tv.html#tk.rss_all>
Christopher Breen, Macworld

*** Apple Attempts To Trademark The Word 'Startup' ***
<http://www.zdnet.com/apple-attempts-to-trademark-the-word-startup-7000019944/>
Michael Lee, ZDNet

*** The Impossible Line ***
<http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhone/The+Impossible+Line/review.asp?c=53322>
Nadia Oxford, Pocket Gamer

*** Take A Lot Of Screenshots? This Desktop-Cleaning Trick Will Change Your Life ***
<http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2013/08/h2-screenshot-clearing/>
Kif Leswing, Wired

*** Mac Gems: Give OS X A Makeover With Flavours ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2046308/mac-gems-give-os-x-a-makeover-with-flavours.html>
Jackie Dove, Macworld

> If you’re the kind of person who gets sick of looking at the same old thing every day—including your computer interface—then Flavours 1.0.12, a program that lets you apply, create, and share creative Mac OS X themes, will get your blood pumping.

*** ‘Dots’ Review: Tetris For Hipsters Or The Best Puzzler Ever Made? ***
<http://gearburn.com/2013/08/dots-review-tetris-for-hipsters-or-the-best-puzzler-ever-made/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+memeburncom+%28memeburn%29>
Steven Norris, Gearburn

> Dots, an insanely simple and addictive game by Playdots, Inc is the best puzzler since Tetris.

*** Logic Pro X: The Right Tool For Podcasters? ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2047106/logic-pro-x-the-right-tool-for-podcasters-.html#tk.rss_reviews>
Jason Snell, Macworld

> Logic Pro X’s improved interface is easier to use than its predecessor's, and makes it much easier for novice users to discover the program’s many complex features. It’s not so much that Logic Pro X has a lot of features that Logic Pro 9 didn’t, but that it exposes those features more consistently and more logically.

*** How To Run Windows Software On OS X ***
<http://mac.tutsplus.com/tutorials/switching-migration/how-to-run-windows-software-on-os-x/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mactuts+%28Mactuts%2B%29>
James Cull, Mactuts+

> In this tutorial, therefore, I will cover a couple of different (and easy) methods you can use to get your favourite Windows programs running on OS X.

*** Hands-on: Parallels Access Runs Your Mac Apps On Your iPad ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2047577/hands-on-parallels-access-runs-your-mac-apps-on-your-ipad.html#tk.rss_all>
Dan Miller, Macworld

> ts new iOS app Parallels Access lets you connect to a remote Mac from your iPad and so "run" Mac apps on your tablet.

*** Radium Is A Beautiful And Functional Internet Radio Client ***
<http://appadvice.com/review/radium-is-a-beautiful-and-functional-internet-radio-client/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+AppAdvice+%28AppAdvice%29>
Daniel Celeste, AppAdvice

> The stunning quality of the user interface and station selection definitely make this app worth looking at.

*** The Omni Group Releases OmniKeyMaster Mac App Store License Tool ***
<http://www.macstories.net/linked/the-omni-group-releases-omnikeymaster-mac-app-store-license-tool/>
Federico Viticci, MacStories

*** Dreamweaver CC Adds Live Highlight, Enhanced CSS Designer, More ***
<http://www.imore.com/dreamweaver-cc-adds-live-highlight-enhanced-css-designer-more>
Peter Cohen, iMore

*** Google Releases Chromecast App For iPhone And iPad ***
<http://www.tuaw.com/2013/08/27/google-releases-chromecast-app-for-iphone-and-ipad/>
Yoni Heisler, TUAW

> Google today released a new Chromecast app for iOS that enables customers to manage their Chromecast settings from their mobile device.

*** Best Streaming Music Apps For iPhone: Songza, Spotify, Rdio, And More! ***
<http://www.imore.com/best-streaming-music-apps-iphone-songza-spotify-rdio-and-more>
Allyson Kazmucha, iMore

*** Bypassing The Cloud With Transporter ***
<http://tidbits.com/article/13729>
Joe Kissell, TidBITS

*** Apple TV Updated With New Channels, Netflix Profiles ***
<http://tidbits.com/article/14050?rss>
Josh Centers, TidBITS

> Apple is at it again, adding more channels to the Apple TV, including the Smithsonian Channel, Vevo, Disney and Disney XD, and the Weather Channel.

*** Time To Make Holiday Gifts With Picture Collage Maker For Mac ***
<http://www.tuaw.com/2013/08/27/time-to-make-holiday-gifts-with-picture-collage-maker-for-mac/>
Ilene Hoffman, TUAW

> Picture Collage Maker from PearlMountain Technology Co., Ltd provides over 140 customizable templates ranging from holiday, family and seasonal themes to simple group templates for photos. You use to create calendars, cards, scrapbook pages, albums or a compilation of photos suitable for any occasion.

*** Why Teach English? ***
<http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/books/2013/08/why-teach-english.html>
Adam Gopnik, New Yorker

> So why have English majors? Well, because many people like books. Most of those like to talk about them after they’ve read them, or while they’re in the middle. Some people like to talk about them so much that they want to spend their lives talking about them to other people who like to listen. Some of us do this all summer on the beach, and others all winter in a classroom. One might call this a natural or inevitable consequence of literacy. And it’s this living, irresistible, permanent interest in reading that supports English departments, and makes sense of English majors.

*** How To Read And Understand A Scientific Paper: A Guide For Non-scientists ***
<http://violentmetaphors.com/2013/08/25/how-to-read-and-understand-a-scientific-paper-2/>
Jennifer Raff, Violent Metaphors