[MyAppleMenu] Aug 27, 2013

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Tue Aug 27 18:59:00 EDT 2013

*** How Instagram For iOS Straightens Your Photos ***
<http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/27/4663108/instagram-for-ios-photo-straightening-update>
Aaron Souppouris, The Verge

> Clicking on the icon in the app's post-processing menu uses data from your phone's accelerometer and gyroscope to automatically work out the optimum angle for a straight photo. After your image is aligned you then have the option to tweak the exact angle using a sliding scale.

*** Centrify Delivers Unified Identity Solution For Security, Management Of Mac Users ***
<http://appledailyreport.com/2013/08/27/centrify-delivers-unified-identity-solution-for-security-management-of-mac-users/>
Dennis Sellers, Apple Daily Report

> The company says it’s the industry’s first solution to provide robust Active Directory-based authentication, policy management, single sign-on (SSO) and user self-service for connected and remote Mac OS X systems.

*** TuneIn Radio 4.0 Features Enhanced Now Playing Screen And Improved Facebook Login ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/08/tunein-radio-4-0-features-enhanced-now-playing-screen-and-improved-facebook-login>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

*** Easily Create And Manage Simply Great Websites With Jimdo For iOS ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/08/easily-create-and-manage-simple-great-websites-with-jimdo-for-ios>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

*** iOS 7 Available To The Public On September 10Th According To Developer Email ***
<http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/26/4662054/ios-7-available-to-the-public-on-september-10th-according-to>
Russell Brandom, The Verge

> Today, a developer named Owen Williams received an email indicating that iOS 7 would be released to the general public on the 10th, giving non-developers their first peek at the controversial operating system. The email comes from Nuance, which works closely enough with Apple to know the date in advance.

*** Mac Gems: Control Sound Volume On An Individual App Basis With SoundBunny ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2046239/mac-gems-control-sound-volume-on-an-individual-app-basis-with-soundbunny.html#tk.rss_all>
Marco Tabini, Macworld

*** Hype 2.0 Is A Solid WYSIWYG Tool For HTML5 Animation And Interactive Graphics ***
<http://www.tuaw.com/2013/08/26/hype-2-0-is-a-solid-wysiwyg-tool-for-html5-animation-and-interac/>
Megan Lavey-Heaton, TUAW

> The 2.0 release addresses a lot of issues reviewers had with the initial release two years ago, and the support system is excellent.

*** Mr. Reader Update Adds Two New RSS Sync Services ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/08/mr-reader-update-adds-two-new-rss-sync-services>
Brent Dirks, AppAdvice

*** Siri Just Started A Beef With Google Glass ***
<http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/26/4660214/siri-google-glass-snark-responses>
Dan Seifert, The Verge

> Apple's virtual personal assistant Siri has been known to have a quirky personality for a long time, offering off the cuff responses to a variety of unconventional requests. Now it appears that Siri is eager to take some jabs at Google Glass, as it responds with subtle and not-so-subtle putdowns on the product when you use the "Okay Glass" command.

*** 300 Days With The iPad Mini ***
<http://www.splatf.com/2013/08/ipad-mini-still/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+splatf+%28SplatF%29>
Dan Frommer, SplatF

*** Keyboard Maestro 6.2 ***
<http://tidbits.com/article/14043?rss>
Josh Centers, TidBITS

> There are now actions to send and flag messages, along with a number of tokens and status functions to enhance those capabilities.

*** Bring Your Lunch To Work ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/28/dining/bring-your-lunch-to-work.html?partner=rss&emc=rss>
Mark Bittman, New York Times