[MyAppleMenu] Aug 26, 2013

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Mon Aug 26 18:59:00 EDT 2013

*** The Perils Of China For Google, Apple ***
<http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2013/08/25/john-shinal-usa-today-google-apple-new-tech-economy/2693195/>
John Shinal, USA Today

*** Canon Adds Apple AirPrint Compatibility To Newest PIXMA Printing Solutions ***
<http://appledailyreport.com/2013/08/26/canon-adds-apple-airprint-compatibility-to-newest-pixma-printing-solutions/>
Dennis Sellers, Apple Daily Report

*** Share More Happy Moments With More Happy Users With The Newly Updated Happier ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/08/share-more-happy-moments-with-more-happy-users-with-the-newly-updated-happier>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

*** BusyCal 2 For Mac Updated With Support For Exchange ***
<http://www.imore.com/busycal-2-mac-updated-support-exchange>
Allyson Kazmucha, iMore

*** In Search Of The Real Thing ***
<http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/2/c3c4f7da-09f2-11e3-bc4e-00144feabdc0.html#axzz2cpF75ZKN>
Meg Wolitzer, Financial Times

> It seems that we recognise talent far more easily when it’s accompanied by success.

*** Restaurants Were His Life ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/25/nyregion/restaurants-were-his-life.html?partner=rss&emc=rss>
Liz Robbins, New York Times

> “Everyone fell in love with Colin,” said Dr. Michael Conroy, 41, his best friend growing up in Philadelphia. “We had him as some demigod.”

> Before dawn on July 25, Mr. Devlin was found 38 miles south of his Pennsylvania farmhouse in the cemetery of Chestnut Hill Church, outside Allentown. A worker restoring the steeple spotted a white BMW sport utility vehicle on the private road inside the cemetery, and then, upon inspection, a body, face down, by the far woods. Mr. Devlin had shot himself in the head, the police said; he was holding a .38 revolver that belonged to him.

*** Oxford English Dictionary – The Future ***
<http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/aug/23/oxford-english-dictionary-future-digitally>
Cory Doctorow, The Guardian