[MyAppleMenu] Aug 4, 2013

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun Aug 4 18:59:00 EDT 2013

*** Review: Apple MacBook Air 13-Inch (2013) ***
<http://www.canadianreviewer.com/cr/2013/8/3/review-apple-macbook-air-13-inch-2013.html>
Gadjo Cardenas Sevilla, Canadian Reviewer

> Today’s 13-inch MacBook Air exemplifies a product that’s been constantly refined, improved and updated while maintaining all the best features and elements that have made it arguably one of the best notebooks of all time.

*** Making The Switch From GarageBand To Logic Pro X ***
<http://gigaom.com/2013/08/03/making-the-switch-from-garageband-to-logic-pro-x/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+OmMalik+%28GigaOM%3A+Tech%29>
Mark Crump, GigaOM

> The learning curve might seem steep, but as I found out, it’s not that bad. Here’s how I upgraded from GarageBand and what I like and don’t like about Logic Pro X.

*** Obama Administration Vetoes Ban On Sale Of Some Apple iPhones, iPads ***
<http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324136204578646192008412934.html>
Brent Kendall and Ian Sherr, Wall Street Journal

> U.S. Trade Representative Michael Froman made the decision to veto the ban on the Apple devices, citing concerns about patent holders gaining "undue leverage" as well as potential harm to consumers and competitive conditions in the U.S. economy.

*** How Objective-C Messaging Works ***
<http://danie.lt/blog/2013/08/03/how-objective-c-messaging-works/>
Dan Tomlinson

*** Will Social Media Kill The Writer’s Diary? ***
<http://www.salon.com/2013/08/04/will_social_media_kill_the_writers_diary/>
Michele Filgate, Salon