[MyAppleMenu] Mar 15, 2012

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Thu Mar 15 18:59:00 EDT 2012

**** Sparrow For iPhone Review ****
<http://www.macstories.net/reviews/sparrow-for-iphone-review/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+macstoriesnet+%28MacStories%29>
Federico Viticci, MacStories

> The way Sparrow puts the focus on quickly archiving and replying to messages, its search capabilities, the design, the photo attachments — these are all features that have contributed to my decision of replacing the app I used for more than four years to manage email on my phone. Sparrow works for me. It makes me faster and more efficient at managing email.

Also: <a href="http://www.tuaw.com/2012/03/15/sparrow-for-iphone-will-wow-with-its-design-but-lacks-push-noti/">Sparrow For iPhone Will Wow With Its Design, But Lacks Push Notification</a> (Kelly Hodgkins, TUAW).

**** Familiar Apple TV adds 1080p video support ****
<http://www.macworld.com/article/1165882/familiar_apple_tv_adds_1080p_video_support.html#lsrc.rss_main>
Jason Snell, Macworld

> At $99, the third-generation Apple TV continues to be as excellent a value as the previous model—and now it supports higher-quality video too. That’s a good thing. For those with the previous generation, however, the decision to upgrade comes down to whether the difference in quality between two high-definition formats is important (and noticeable) enough to you.

**** Review: Apple TV ****
<http://www.loopinsight.com/2012/03/14/review-apple-tv/?utm_source=loopinsight.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+loopinsight%2FKqJb+%28The+Loop%29>
Jim Dalrymple, The Loop

> On my network, the movie starts almost instantly, so I don’t have any lag time to download. I walk in, choose a video and watch it.

**** The New iPad Doesn't Allow FaceTime Over LTE ****
<http://www.theverge.com/2012/3/14/2873026/new-ipad-facetime-lte>
Dieter Bohn, The Verge

> It's the exact same behavior that iOS devices on 3G networks have always exhibited, but it's doubly frustrating as Verizon's LTE plans for the new iPad include Wi-Fi hotspot functionality at no extra cost. In other words, you could easily initiate a Wi-Fi hotspot from your new Verizon LTE iPad and use it to successfully make a FaceTime call from an iPhone — likely with little to no degradation in video quality as compared to a Wi-Fi connection, since LTE is so fast.

**** iPad Lines Around The World ****
<http://www.macstories.net/news/ipad-lines-around-the-world/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+macstoriesnet+%28MacStories%29>
Federico Viticci, MacStories

**** Review: iPad Third Generation ****
<http://www.loopinsight.com/2012/03/14/review-ipad-third-generation/?utm_source=loopinsight.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+loopinsight%2FKqJb+%28The+Loop%29>
Jim Dalrymple, The Loop

> For me, the real benefit comes with the clarity of text. I know that may sound strange, but I use the iPad to read quite a bit of text everyday. Crispness of the text matters to me.

**** Review: The Third-generation iPad ****
<http://www.macworld.com/article/1165849/review_the_third_generation_ipad.html>
Jason Snell, Macworld

> The new iPad is just that: The iPad, updated for a new year and millions of new iPad users. It's not smaller or lighter, but it's got a remarkable screen, a much better rear camera, and support for cellular networking that can run at Wi-Fi speeds. It's the iPad that millions of people have embraced, only one year better.

**** IPad (3) ****
<http://daringfireball.net/2012/03/ipad_3>
John Gruber, Daring Fireball

> The retina display is amazing, everything in the UI feels faster, and the price points remain the same. What’s not to love? It’s that simple.

**** Get Notified When Hackers Get Your Data ****
<http://www.technologyreview.com/blog/editors/27644/?ref=rss>
Tom Simonite, Technology Review

> A new iPhone app launched today will add a serious – but hopefully infrequent – note to the notifications that set your handset buzzing. AllClear ID will let you know when the FBI or other investigators have found your data in the hands of cyber criminals.

**** Draw Something From OMGPOP Is Like Pictionary For Your iPhone, But Way Better ****
<http://www.macgasm.net/2012/03/14/draw-something-from-omgpop-is-like-pictionary-for-you-iphone-but-way-better/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+macgasm%2Fmain+%28Macgasm%29>
Elle Cooke, Macgasm

**** Developing For Windows 8: Photobucket App Creators Talk Metro ****
<http://arstechnica.com/business/news/2012/03/developing-for-windows-8-photobucket-app-creators-talks-metro.ars?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss>
Jon Brodkin, Ars Technica

**** SBS Transit CEO Apologises For Service Breakdown ****
<http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore/EDC120315-0000139/SBS-Transit-CEO-apologises-for-service-breakdown>
Today

> SBS Transit will be conducting "thorough checks" on the rest of the North-East Line (NEL) from Outram station to Punggol to ensure its cables are secure, said its CEO Gan Juay Kiat at a media conference held this afternoon.

> Apologising to the commuters affected this morning, Mr Gan said the company was still investigating why two of its power cables on the NEL snapped this morning, which resulted in train services being down for over 10 hours between the Harbourfront and Dhoby Ghaut stations. Some 90,000 commuters were affected, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) said in a joint statement. The cables snapping was the first time such an incident has happened in Singapore.

**** M1今天午夜开始卖新iPad ****
<http://www.zaobao.com.sg/sp/sp120315_018.shtml>
联合早报

**** Train Disruption Between Dhoby Ghaut, Harbourfront ****
<http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore/EDC120315-0000080/Train-disruption-between-Dhoby-Ghaut,-Harbourfront>
Today

> SBS Transit has warned commuters that train service on the Northeast line between Dhoby Ghaut and Harbourfront stations could be down until lunchtime, with free bus bridging services to be provided in the meanwhile.

> Trains are currently not running on the line due to a problem with the overhead power supply system in the tunnel at Outram MRT station, said SBS Transit.

**** 柏默:不在国会打盹的秘密 ****
<http://www.zaobao.com.sg/sp/sp120315_013.shtml>
游润恬, 联合早报

> 国会议长就像拳击台里的裁判,得在双方交锋得太过火时喊停。他也像是学校里的训育主任,负责维持国会会议的秩序并提醒议员应遵守国会议事常规,他也是时间的把关者,负责确保国会能在既定时间内,顺利及有效地完成议程上的每一个项目。

> 柏默表示,国会辩论可以很精彩刺激,但不可以带有人身攻击的意味。“我的责任是确保议员发言时,能在热情和客观之间取得平衡。”

**** Inclusive Growth's Good, Inclusive Identity Even Better ****
<http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore/EDC120315-0000010/Inclusive-growths-good,-inclusive-identity-even-better>
Leong Chan-Hoong, Today