[MyAppleMenu] May 23, 2009

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sat May 23 18:59:01 EDT 2009

**** When iSync Goes Bad <http://blogs.zdnet.com/Apple/?p=3964>
by David Morgenstern, ZDNet

**** Expanding Password-Protected Archives <http://db.tidbits.com/article/10296>
by Adam C. Engst, TidBITS

**** Cartier Sues Apple For Trademark Infringement <http://www.macworld.com/article/140762/2009/05/cartier_lawsuit.html?lsrc=rss_main>
by Jonathan Seff, Macworld

French jeweler and watchmaker Cartier sued Apple on Friday for infringing on its trademark, according to The Associated Press, Dow Jones, and others.

**** Boggle <http://www.insidemacgames.com/reviews/view.php?ID=1044>
by Richard Hallas, Inside Mac Games

**** Cartier Drops Lawsuit Against Apple Over iPhone App <http://blogs.computerworld.com/cartier_apple_lawsuit_iphone_app_third_party>
by Computerworld

**** Prosopagnosia Connects Contacts To iPhoto's Faces <http://www.macworld.com/article/131444/2009/05/prosopagnosia.html?lsrc=rss_main>
by Stuart Gripman, Macworld

If you suffer from prosopagnosia , you literally can’t remember faces. Swedish companies desibelle and GraphicLife have adopted the term as the name for a program that simplifies integrating iPhoto ‘09’s Faces feature with contact information you already have.

**** App Store Approval Process Is Like Stock Photography <http://www.thomas-fitzgerald.net/2009/05/23/app-store-approval-process-is-like-stock-photography/>
by Thomas Fitzgerald

Something struck me recently while reading about the latest seemingly unreasonable app store rejection. The whole process is remarkably similar to stock photography, particularly micro-stock sites. Many of the arguments made about the unfairness of the App Store could equally be applied to Stock Photography.

**** Fair Usage <http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/24/books/review/Blount-t.html?_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss>
by Roy Blount Jr., New York Times

If language were set in concrete, there would be no call for new books on how to use it. These days, most such books are at pains not to seem prescriptive.

**** Lee Bee Wah Has No Time To Meet Liu Guodong, But Very Free To Grace Feng Shui <http://wayangparty.com/?p=9672>
by The Wayang Party Club

Do not take Singaporeans as idiots. There is a limit to our patience.

**** Temsek's Reply On Sale Of BOA Does Not Address Key Concerns At All <http://wayangparty.com/?p=9676>
by Eugene Yeo, The Wayang Party Club

As a layman who is completely clueless about economics and finance, I felt terribly humiliated by Myra Thomas who didn’t even bother to put up a convincing argument.

**** SWF ISO Bailout <http://www.slate.com/id/2218845/?from=rss>
by Daniel Gross, Slate

What explains the rapid decline of sovereign-wealth funds?

**** SingTel Must Inform Consumer Before End Of Free Trial, Says Case <http://www.straitstimes.com/ST%2BForum/Online%2BStory/STIStory_380252.html>
by Seah Seng Choon, Consumers Association Of Singapore, Straits Times

If SingTel had not informed the consumer that the promotion was expiring and charged the consumer after the period, we are of the view that the consumer should be given his full refund.

**** 2 'Weak Links' In Sex Ed <http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_380645.html>
by Amelia Tan, Theresa Tan and Yeo Sam Jo, Straits Times

Psychologists, counsellors and other experts on Friday welcomed tighter checks by the Education Ministry on sexuality education programmes in schools, but said more attention should be paid to two weak links in the system: parents and teachers.

**** Time To Move On For Our Common Good <http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Saturday/Columns/2563841/Article/index_html>
by Koh Lay Chin, New Straits Times

**** Wayangparty's Tele-Conversation With Liu Guodong In Beijing (23 May 2009) <http://wayangparty.com/?p=9702>
by The Wayang Party Club

**** Irked By Ping-Pong Controversy <http://thestar.com.my/columnists/story.asp?col=insightdownsouth&file=/2009/5/23/columnists/insightdownsouth/3957792&sec=Insight%20Down%20South>
by Seah Chiang Nee, The Star

As recession spreads hardship, more MPs are on the receiving end of public wrath.

**** The Malaysia-Singapore 'Cold War' <http://mt.m2day.org/2008/content/view/22273/84/>
by Raja Petra Kamarudin, Malaysia Today

Does Dr Mahathir know what Najib is doing? Surely Dr Mahathir can’t agree to Najib giving in to Singapore’s demands like what is currently happening. Are we going to see Dr Mahathir going berserk like back in 2006 with all these concessions Najib is granting Singapore?