[MyAppleMenu] Mar 11, 2008

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Tue Mar 11 13:15:00 EDT 2008

**** Command-S Has To Go! <http://blogs.oreilly.com/digitalmedia/2008/03/command-s-has-to-go.html>
by Jochen Wolters, O'Reilly Digital Media Blog

**** Apple Updates Shuffle, MacBook Air Software <http://www.ipodnn.com/articles/08/03/11/shuffle.mb.air.updates/>
by iPodNN

**** Apple Inc. Downplays Beatles 'Speculation' <http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003722487>
by Tom Ferguson, Billboard
Apple Inc has dismissed claims in the U.K. press that the Beatles catalog is about to make available online through the computer giant's iTunes Music Store as "unsubstantiated speculation."

**** Apple Yet To Order Flash Memory In 2008? <http://www.electronista.com/articles/08/03/11/apple.yet.to.order.flash/>
by Electronista

**** My New Mac - And The Slow Move Away From Windows <http://digitalapplejuice.com/my-new-mac-and-the-slow-move-away-from-windows/>
by David Alison, DigitalAppleJuice.com
OS X is a really slick operating system. There are little features that make it a pleasure to work on - you can just tell that a significant amount of human factors work went into the system.

**** How The iPhone SDK Changes Everything <http://www.michaelmistretta.com/apple/iphone-sdk>
by Michael Mistretta
Apple has done it again. They released an under-featured, 1.0 product into an over-saturated market, and managed to dominate the competition.

**** Is Apple Being Disingenuous With It's 42% Off iPhone Deals? <http://babygotmac.com/a/is-apple-being-disingenuous-with-its-42-off-iphone-deals/>
by BabyGotMac

**** Innovating The Process, By Apple <http://blog.leadcritic.com/featured/innovating-the-process-by-apple>
by Lead Critic

**** Making The Most Of iTunes <http://theweeklyreview.ca/2008/03/10/making-the-most-of-itunes/>
by Derek Punsalan, The Weekly Review
iTunes - it's probably my favorite piece of software. It's definitely the best application I have installed on my Windows machine. And I could probably say the same on my Mac.
/Part of it is probably the tight integration between iTunes and iPod which nobody else can probably do, but I don't think I can handle my daily podcast listening experience without iTunes and its smart playlist feature./

**** Airfoil Plays Home Audio Wirelessly <http://db.tidbits.com/article/9492>
by Rich Mogull, TidBITS
As a user and reviewer of software it's rare to find an application that focuses entirely on performing a single task, and performing it well. Airfoil is a near-perfect application that's razor sharp in its focus, and Zen-like in its simplicity.

**** Toast 9 Features Blu-Ray Video, Streaming <http://www.macworld.com/article/132446/2008/03/toast9.html>
by Peter Cohen, Macworld

**** What's Shareware's Role On The iPhone? <http://www.macworld.com/article/132455/2008/03/shareware.html>
by Peter Cohen, Macworld
There's a long row to hoe between now and then, but it doesn't mean that developers aren't asking good questions&mdash;questions that Apple will need to answer in order for some iPhone projects to see the light of day.

**** Is The Net Too Neutral? <http://www.technologyreview.com/Biztech/20394/>
by Larry Hardesty, MIT Technology Review
Recent FCC hearings pitted network operators and content distributors against each other.But if the two can find a way to collaborate, the internet will work better for everybody.

**** Ericsson Predicts Demise Of Hotspots <http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/03/10/Ericsson-predicts-demise-of-hotspots_1.html>
by Mikael Ricknas, IDG News Service
As mobile broadband tkaes off, Wi-Fi hotspots will become as irrelevant as telephone booths, Ericsson chief marketing officer Johan Bergendahl said Monday.

**** Wikipedia's Tin-Cup Approach Wears Thin <http://www.latimes.com/technology/la-fi-wikipedia10mar10,1,2707818.story?ctrack=2&cset=true>
by Alana Semuels, Los Angeles Times

**** For D. <http://www.slate.com/id/2178738/?from=rss>
by Rosanna Warren, Slate

**** The Bell Ringer <http://www.newyorker.com/fiction/features/2008/03/17/080317fi_fiction_burnside>
by John Burnside, New Yorker

**** Sex, '70s-Style <http://www.salon.com/ent/tv/review/2008/03/11/love_american_style/index_np.html>
by Amy Reiter, Salon
Swingers, short skirts, blowup dolls and big hearts: "Love American Style" taught a generation of kids about sex. So how does it look now that we're all grown up?

**** Politics In Cyberspace <http://mrwangsaysso.blogspot.com/2008/03/politics-in-cyberspace.html>
by Mr Wang Says So

**** Escape Of Mas Selamat <http://www.wp.sg/wordpress/?p=69>
by Sylvia Lim, Workers' Party Of Singapore
In a matter of such high public interest as the escape of a high-risk terror suspect from a government-run facility, what assurances or checks are there that the public will be given full information?
See Also:<br/>Workers' Party Calls For Full Disclousre In Mas Selamat Probe <http://www.straitstimes.com/Latest%2BNews/Singapore/STIStory_215670.html>, by Straits Times.

**** Odex Confused By 'Minefield Of Copyright Law': Judge <http://www.straitstimes.com/Latest%2BNews/Singapore/STIStory_215654.html>
by Chua Hian Hou, Straits Times

**** Shit Flow Downward <http://javertworld.blogspot.com/2008/03/shit-flow-downward.html>
by Javert's World
When come to a crisis, no top managements are there to take the responsibilities. They are there all the time to enjoy the perks but never there to take the blames.

**** Cost Of Living: Lessons From The Malaysian Election <http://tankinlian.blogspot.com/2008/03/cost-of-living-lessons-from-malaysian.html>
by Tan Kin Lian

**** Are You Kidding Me? <http://hardhitting-nobs.blogspot.com/2008/03/are-you-kidding-me.html>
by Hard Hitting In The Lion City
2 weeks in, and they still don't know how it took place? That I find unacceptable!
/Me also not sure whether the government know or not. But which is more probable: the government do not know how the alleged terrorist escape, or the government do not want to tell yet?/

**** Shanghai Port May Beat Singapore's <http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/bizchina/2008-03/11/content_6525548.htm>
by Wang Zhenghua, China Daily

**** Soon, E-Receipts For Book Returns <http://www.todayonline.com/articles/242207.asp>
by Tay Ai Cheng, National Library Board, Today
The National Library Board is pleased to announce a new email notification service for book returns that will be implemented towards the end of the month.
/Huh? How the heck does this e-mail receipt help solve the problem of book borrowers returning books that got lost by NLB? Tie a string to the book, throw the book into the returning bin, wait for the email, and if no emails arrive, pull the book back out from the bin with the string?/

**** Thanks, But Sorry, It Just Doesn't Work... <http://www.straitstimes.com/ST%2BForum/Story/STIStory_215516.html>
by Duncan Edwards, Straits Times
Singapore used to have one of the best taxi services in the world. Now, it is to expensive and too inconvenient.

**** CPF Floating Rate Is 3.75% <http://www.todayonline.com/articles/242218.asp>
by Today