[MyAppleMenu] Mar 9, 2008

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun Mar 9 13:15:00 EDT 2008

**** Apple Mods: How To Make Mac OS X Rock <http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=206902078>
by John C. Welch, InformationWeek

**** Why Do People Post Gadget "Unboxing" Photos On The Web? <http://www.popsci.com/gear-gadgets/article/2008-03/why-do-people-post-gadget-unboxing-photos-web?page=>
by John Mahoney, Popular Science
These objects are to be salivated over. And when the day finally comes to make one your own? THat's a moment to be shared.

**** Gone, Without A Trace <http://www.newsweek.com/id/120052>
by Steven Levy, Newsweek
There will be a lot of desperate searches for lost MacBook Airs. And can you really blame a guy for losing something called Air?
/Share the pain of losing something so beautiful &mdash; and thin./

**** Lockdown 1.0 Encrypts Data With OpenSSL <http://www.macnn.com/articles/08/03/08/lockdown.10.encrypts.data/>
by MacNN

**** Newsweek Advances Andrew Keen's Ignorance <http://www.thepomoblog.com/archive/newsweek-advances-andrew-keens-ignorance/>
by Terry Heaton
While Newsweek uses the term "revival" to describe what they hope to see happening, I think "nostalgia" is a more accurate term.

**** Revenge Of The Experts <http://www.newsweek.com/id/119091>
by Tony Dokoupil, Newsweek
The individual user has been king on the internet, but the pendulum seems to be swinging back toward edited information vetted by professionals.

**** 'Let's Close Ranks' To Deal With Mas Selamat's Escape: PM Lee <http://www.straitstimes.com/Latest%2BNews/Singapore/STIStory_215009.html>
by Melissa Kok, Straits Times

**** The Cost Of Retreat In Iraq <http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/03/07/AR2008030702429.html?hpid=opinionsbox1>
by Lee Kuan Yew, Washington Post
Whatever candidates might say in the course of this presidential campaign, I cannot believe that any American president could afford to walk away from Iraq so lightly, damage American prestige and influence, and so undermine the credibility of American security guarantees.

**** The Quiet Champion <http://thestar.com.my/lifestyle/story.asp?file=/2008/3/9/lifebookshelf/19360551&sec=lifebookshelf>
by Neil Khor, The Star
This biography of one of modern Singapore's founding fathers is neither "authorised nor unauthorised, says author Tan Siok Sun. It is, she explains, a "tone poem". By this, she means a variation on a personality rather than its complete picture.