[MyAppleMenu] Feb 28, 2008

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Thu Feb 28 13:15:00 EST 2008

**** Aple Finally Sets iPhone SDK Release Date <http://machinist.salon.com/blog/2008/02/28/apple_sdk/>
by Farhad Manjoo, Salon
/Better late than never./

**** Use Of Speakers' Corner For Political Activities Could Be Liberalised <http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/331696/1/.html>
by Julia Ng, Channel NewsAsia
Deputy prime minister and home affairs minister Wong Kan Seng said: "The question for Singaporeans is whether we should accept the risks and accept the culture of street protests. In my view, one riot is one too many. Violence in the community takes a long time to heal. Once lost, public confidence in our security would take a long time to return."
/One suppression of free speech and expression is also one too many./
See Also:
Liberalization And THe Singaporean Absurd (Disturbingly Funny) <http://mollymeek.livejournal.com/179920.html>, by Mollymeek.

**** Security Lapse Led To Escape Of JI Leader Mas Selamat, Says DPM Wong <http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/331726/1/.html>
by Asha Popatlal, Channel NewsAsia
Deputy prime minister Wong Kan Seng who apologised for the incident said Mas Selamat was being taken to the toilet before a meeting at the family visit room when he escaped.