[MyAppleMenu] Feb 12, 2008

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Tue Feb 12 13:15:00 EST 2008

**** Farewell, And See You In March
by Heng-Cheong Leong, MyAppleMenu
Tomorrow, I will be starting my 2.5 weeks of reservist duties <http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=National_Service_in_Singapore&oldid=184031609>. So, updates to this website will be very infrequent and minimal. Regular updates will only resume on the 1st of March, when I finally resume my civilian life.

**** Steve Jobs Rules The Recording Industry. Now What? <http://radar.oreilly.com/archives/2008/02/steve_jobs_rule.html>
by Jimmy Guterman, O'Reilly Radar
Music is everywhere, just as software is everywhere. It should be easy to sell music, certainly easier than it is to sell software. The music industry has much to learn from the computer software industry about reinvention and staying in touch with the customer.

**** Realbasic 2008 Release 1 Now Shipping <http://www.macworld.com/article/132045/2008/02/real.html>
by Jim Dalrymple, Macworld

**** Flock 1.0.3 <http://www.macworld.com/article/131948/2008/02/flock103.html>
by Lisa Schmeiser, Macworld
With the ability to update blogs, track socal-networking sites, and managing RSS feeds, Flock is a highly effective tool for web surfers who want to keep tabs on their miscellaneous online networks.

**** Monday Update Bonanza! <http://www.macuser.com/updates/monday_update_bonanza.php?lsrc=murss>
by Dan Pourhadi, MacUser
In addition to OS X 10.5.2, Apple also dished out a few other software updates for your downloading pleasure.

**** Appel Releases Mac OS X 10.5.2 <http://www.macworld.com/article/132058/2008/02/osx.html>
by Jim Dalrymple, Macworld
Apple released Mac OS X 10.5.2 on Monday, an update that addresses several common complaints regarding some new Leopard features, while also adding new features and fixing numerous bugs.
In 10.5.2, users can view any folder in the Dock as either a Folder or a Stack, and view content as either a Fan, Grid, or List. The 10.5.2 update also adds an option to the Desktop &amp; Screen Saver preferenc epane to turn menu bar translucency off.
See Also:<br/>10.5.2 Update Shows Apple Listens To Users <http://www.macworld.com/article/131902/2008/02/1052applelistens.html>, by Dan Frakes, Macworld.

**** iStopMotion 2 Express <http://www.macnn.com/reviews/istopmotion-2-express.html>
by Cedric Bosch, MacNN

**** So Long, See You In March

**** Bye-Bye, And See You In March
by Heng-Cheong Leong, MyAppleMenu
Tomorrow, I will be starting my 2.5 weeks of reservist duties <http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=National_Service_in_Singapore&oldid=184031609>. So, updates to this website will be very infrequent and minimal. Regular updates will only resume on the 1st of March, when I finally resume my civilian life.

**** See You In March
by Heng-Cheong Leong, MyAppleMenu
Tomorrow, I will be starting my 2.5 weeks of reservist duties <http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=National_Service_in_Singapore&oldid=184031609>. So, updates to this website will be very infrequent and minimal. Regular updates will only resume on the 1st of March, when I finally resume my civilian life.
And if you are in the same reservist unit &mdash; you probably know who you are &mdash; please feel free to say hi. :-)

**** High Food And Petrol Prices Solely Due To External Forces? - Accountability In The Media <http://antineodem.wordpress.com/2008/02/12/high-food-and-petrol-prices-solely-due-to-external-forces-accountability-in-the-media/>
by The Anti Neo-Democracy Theorist
It is very heartening that the government is going to assist Singaporeans with this rising food and petrol costs in the upcoming budet. But did Wong Mun Wai from CNA had to do this additional (seemingly unneeded) P-R work for the government?

**** National Life Insurance Scheme To Be Fair And Flexible <http://www.straitstimes.com/Latest%2BNews/Singapore/STIStory_205661.html>
by Imelda Saad, Straits Times
The National Longevity Insurance Committee has submitted its full report to the government outlining a life-long insurance scheme that's said to be 'fair and flexible'.
See Also:<br/>Singaporeans Are Living Longer <http://app.sprinter.gov.sg/data/pr/20080212999.pdf>, by Singapore Department Of Statistics, Singapore Government. (Note: PDF document.)

**** Temasek, Singapore Airlines To Pursue China Eastern Stake Bid - Report <http://www.forbes.com/markets/feeds/afx/2008/02/11/afx4642569.html>
by Thomson Financial

**** That Elusive Seat On The Train: Ask, And It Shall Be Given <http://www.todayonline.com/articles/237071.asp>
by Abdul Rahman, Tan Chea Hoon, Today
I used to do that unfailingly. But I have never gotten a simple "Thank you". Some people don't even bother to look at me. It was really frustrating. Now, I give my seat up only to the disabled. But if a senior citizen were to approach me and ask politely for my seat, I would not say no.

**** Age, Gender, Race... And The Next PM <http://www.todayonline.com/articles/237055.asp>
by P N Balji, Today

**** MM Confident Singapore Will Ride Out Global Slowdown <http://www.straitstimes.com/Free/Story/STIStory_205574.html>
by Lee Siew Hua, Straits Times
Asia will not tip into recession even though the United States economy is faltering, minister mentor Lee Kuan Yew said.