[MyAppleMenu] Feb 11, 2008

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Mon Feb 11 13:15:01 EST 2008

**** SuperDuper, Time Machine And Bulletproof Backups <http://shawnblanc.net/2008/bulletproof-backups/>
by Shawn Blanc
My advice for a good backup strategy? Keep it simple. Keep it safe. Don't stress the details.

**** Make The Most Of Your Dual Monitors <http://www.lifehacker.com.au/tips/2007/11/03/make_the_most_of_your_dual_mon.html>
by Gina Trapani, Lifehacker Australia
Whether you want to stretch your desktop wallpaper or taskbar across two monitors or perfectly snap all your windows into place every time, there are a few utilities that can help you make the most of every last pixel of your dual monitors.

**** Should We Even Bother? <http://education.zdnet.com/?p=1518>
by Christopher Dawson, ZDNet.com
The focus needs to be on the content aind instruction, not on the presentation, right? However, one of the key points of my post was that Macs help some teachers avoid the trap by allowing them to create really engaging content quickly and easily.

**** Apple Seeks Staff For New Europe Stores <http://www.reuters.com/article/technologyNews/idUSL1049163720080210>
by Reuters
Apple Inc is recruiting staff for new retail stores in Germany and Switzerland, according to a job opportunities on its web site.
/Will Apple Stores boost sales of iPhoens in Europe, just like they did boosted sales of Macintosh in U.S.?/

**** Apple Applies For Trademark Extension Relating To Gaming <http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080210-apple-applies-for-trademark-extension-relating-to-gaming.html>
by Ken Fisher, Ars Technica
The trademark filing seeks to extend the "APPLE" trademark to cover a wide swath fo the gaming world.
/But first, will Apple please take my money and sell me some games for my iPod nano?/

**** What's The MacBook Air Good For? What Developmental Psychology Can Tell Us... <http://homepage.mac.com/lesposen/blogwavestudio/LH20051229203824/LHA20080210192902/index.html>
by Les Posen, CyberPsych
Once more the Apple design team reminds us of the difference between good and great design, the latter perhaps revolving around what designers choose to leave /out/, rather than include in their designs.
/The Air may be, well, five years ahead of its time. The question is, of couse, will Apple see through it for five years?/

**** Putting Candidates Under The Videoscope <http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/11/business/media/11video.html?_r=2&ref=media&oref=slogin&oref=slogin>
by Brian Stelter, New York Times
The embeds have changed the dynamic of this year's election, making every unplugged and unscripted moment on the campaign trail available for all to see.

**** Interview: Lee Kuan Yew - Part 1 <http://www.upi.com/International_Security/Emerging_Threats/Analysis/2008/02/08/interview_lee_kuan_yew_--_part_1/1475/>
by Arnaud De Borchgrave, UPI
See Also:<br/>Interview: Lee Kuan Yew - Part 2 <http://www.upi.com/International_Security/Emerging_Threats/Analysis/2008/02/08/interview_lee_kuan_yew_--_part_2/9398/>, by Arnaud De Borchgrave, UPI.

**** Oh, That Quirky Singapore <http://expatbrian.wordpress.com/2008/02/11/oh-that-quirky-singapore/>