[MyAppleMenu] Oct 4, 2007

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Thu Oct 4 13:15:01 EDT 2007

**** Jim Switches Back <http://blogs.chron.com/techblog/archives/2007/10/jim_switches_back.html>
by Jim Thompson, Houston Chronicle
There's nothing like having your very own Macintosh. I have come full circle and am loving every moment of it.

**** Apple Updates MacBook Pro Battery <http://www.macworld.co.uk/mac/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=19280>
by Jonny Evans, Macworld UK

**** iPod Touch Set To Be Christmas Favourite <http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/10/04/ntoys104.xml>
by Harry Wallop, Telegraph
Transformers and the Apple iPod Touch are expected to be two of the most popular toys underneath the Christmas tree this year, according to toy retailer, Toys R Us.

**** iMac Freeze Cools Mac Hearts <http://www.macworld.co.uk/mac/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=19285>
by Jonny Evans, Macworld UK
Quality control problems once again, this time concerning Apple's latest iMacs, which seem to suffer from a graphics card problem that causes the computer screens to lock up.

**** iPod Cheap In Hong Kong, But A Brazil Bank-Breaker <http://www.reuters.com/article/technologyNews/idUSSYD20072420071004?feedType=RSS&feedName=technologyNews>
by Reuters
In the market for a new video iPod? Head to Hong Kong or, if EUrope-bound, stop off in Switzerland. But best avoid Brazil.
One of Australia's biggest banks, the Commonwealth Bank, has used the latest version of Apple's music player &mdash; the slimline 4GB Nano &mdash; to compare global currencies and purchasing power in 55 countries.

**** NBC Deal May Have Greater iTunes Ramifications Than Anticipated <http://arstechnica.com/journals/apple.ars/2007/10/03/nbc-deal-may-have-greater-itunes-ramifications-than-anticipated>
by Jeff Smykil, Ars Technica

**** iPhone Bricking: I Blame AT&amp;T <http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9790492-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20>
by Don Reisinger, CNET News.com
I blame AT&amp;T for forcing Apple to do something that it has never done before and effectively become the bad guy while AT&amp;T laughs its way to the bank.

**** Apple Fixes Windows QuickTime Flaw <http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9790709-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20>
by Robert Vamosi, CNET News.com
The patch affects users of QuickTime 7.2 on Windows Vista, XP SP2, and addresses the vulnerability in CVE-2007-4673.

**** UC Berkeley First To Post Full Lectures To YouTube <http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9790452-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20>
by Greg Sandoval, CNET News.com

**** What Are Your Priorities, Mr Policeman? <http://singaporepatriot.blogspot.com/2007/10/what-are-your-priorities-mr-policeman.html>
by Gerald Giam, Singapore Patriot
Keeping our streets safe and free of vice activities, or playing Steven Spielburg and filming and intimidating people who are peacefully expressing their genuine concern for their fellow human beings in Myanmar?

**** One Country, Two Systems <http://singaporerebel.blogspot.com/2007/10/one-country-two-systems.html>
by Martyn See, No Political Films Please, We're Singaporeans

**** RI To Take Over Singapore's Role In Riau Air Traffick Control <http://www.thejakartapost.com/detailheadlines.asp?fileid=20071004.A04&irec=3>
by Fadli, Jakarta Post

**** The Numbers Tell The Story <http://www.todayonline.com/articles/214868.asp>
by Vincent Chia Wei Meng, Today
It is well-known among sociologists and epidemiologists that social class or socio-economic status is a prominent life expectancy indicator, and is assessed through occupation, income, housing or educational level.

**** SLA Rides The Bulls <http://www.todayonline.com/articles/214869.asp>
by Sheralyn Tay, Today
Singapore Land Authority's (SLA) latest annual report revealed that revenues collected from Sate land sales has reached a nine-year record high of $6.3 billion, up from $5.5 billion the previous year.

**** New En Bloc Rules Kick In Today <http://www.straitstimes.com/Free/Story/STIStory_163808.html>
by Fiona Chan, Straits Times

**** Landmark Singapore-Britain Air Deal Gives SIA A Big Boost <http://www.straitstimes.com/Free/Story/STIStory_163804.html>
by Karamjit Kaur, Straits Times
A landmark aviation deal sealed between Singapore and Britain has opened the lucrative British domestic market and trans-Atlantic route between Britain and the United States to Singapore Airlines (SIA).
To kick in at the end of March, it will even allow SIA to start a base in Britain, from where it can run services within the country, in direct competition with home-base carriers like British Airways.