[R129 SL] r129 electrical issues

Rolf Seitle seitle at whidbey.com
Thu Oct 28 19:56:35 EDT 2010

Denis wrote:

>>Can we find somewhere a more reliable substitute for replacing this bad fuse

boxes eg with flat modern fuse that are quite common now?<<

I have a R129 SL320 Vintage 96. It's fuse box uses a newer type of fuse. They are now common in the US and perhaps Europe. Glass with two insertion prongs. The fuse box is partial served by a connector. Perhaps your car can be retro-fitted. Maybe the first step would be to take the whole box out - including the relays and spray it with a contact cleaner. That has worked for me in the past on another MB. Another possible source of unreliable operation are the grounding points. Cleaning them all to remove any corrosion can often solve the problem.

Bon chance,

Rolf Seitle
Whidbey Island (north of Seattle and one hour from the Canadian border)