[R129 SL] How do I adjust the vertical felt window seal on my SL500?

Rob Vonderhaar rob at robvonder.com
Sun Jun 6 15:43:36 EDT 2010

Mark,
The only thing I'd add to Jan's good advice: I've always been told that window adjustments are supposed to be made with the hardtop on. Then you adjust the soft top to the windows.

Sounds a lot easier in theory than in practice, however: When I bought my R129 back in 1995, I had two different dealers try several times to adjust the windows and soft top to eliminate the wind noise from that same area (upper portion of the rear side of the window). Although it helped, they were never able to fully solve the problem, and 15 years later I still have some wind noise and water leakage when I wash the car.

So if you're able to really fix yours, I eagerly look forward to hearing the secret -- I'd love to get rid of the noise once and for all!

Rob

Sent from my Verizon Android phone