[R129 SL] R129 remote failure

Oldbenz1 at aol.com Oldbenz1 at aol.com
Fri Feb 12 07:29:48 EST 2010

On a related subject (key problems), the key of my '92 500SL got to where
it would no longer turn in the ignition lock. This after several weeks of
having difficulty starting the car because the key would turn only after
much wiggling around in the lock. Expecting to get gouged (I was not
disappointed), I finally took it to my local dealership and was later presented
with an $800 bill. Seems like a lot for a key! I was told that the ignition
switch was the problem, and was no longer available. It was necessary to
install a new "improved" version.
Rich
MIchigan

In a message dated 2/11/2010 6:51:51 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,