[R129 SL] SL500 Interior Trim repair

dr.r.becker at gmx.net dr.r.becker at gmx.net
Tue Nov 17 20:38:27 EST 2009

Hello Mark,

I haven't done that on an R129 yet, but on several other MBs with similar covers. On the
older models (1970/1980) the covers would still keep strong even with one pin missing. The
newer the series, the get more loose ...

You could try to glue on a similar piece of metal or plastic in the shape of the original plastic
pin. If you do that very well with metal, this will be stronger than the original, but it involves
some time trying and tinkering with it.

Depending on the space, you could also use a small piece of velcro strip glued to the cover
and the corresponding piece glued to the door part.

The actual cover is about 30 Euros new from Mercedes here in Europe. The piece is colour
coded to the interior and different versions depending on the interior. I would need VIN to
look up the p/n you need.

Richard Becker
London