[R129 SL] wont start

EDDIEFISCHER at aol.com EDDIEFISCHER at aol.com
Sat May 2 16:01:52 EDT 2009

Hi and thanks for your mail.

The Distributors on the SL500 are attached to the Cylinderheads .If the Car
is parked up for a longer Time,especially during the Winter Time it
attracts Moisture in it.The Car will start and runs for 10 minutes and than
starts to run un-even and can stall.Will not start for a while. both Caps ,clean
out and give it a mist of WD 40.Use any Paper Towel to clean the inside
and Cap to get rid of Moisture.

What happens is if Moisture is in Distributor is that after you start the
Car it will create a Moisture Density
which makes the Spark trails along the Cap and misfires.

I had the same Problem and I cured it that Way.
Most Mercedes Dealers give you a lot of Diagnoses hich cost a lot of Money
and has no effect.
Try it and it will work

regards
eddie