[R129 SL] Quick question

rtorchia at aol.com rtorchia at aol.com
Sat Jan 17 16:02:37 EST 2009

Can post? Thanks.

Years ago someone tried to broke into the center console box of my 1997
sl500 and I had to replace the lid which had been pried up rather
violently. MB wanted $650 for the black leather lid assembly but I
found one on Ebay for $39 and installed it. The problem is that there
is a little square fake black leather piece that is visible only when
the arm rest in in the forward position. It is broken where it attaches
to the lid and rattles to the point that it is annoying. MB refuses to
sell the piece separately! Does anyone have any ideas how I can get one
of these? I would be extremely grateful for suggestions. It is a little
thing but needs fixing.

Thanks, RT