[R129 SL] R129 Hard Top Hoist

Peter Cowie cowie at bigpond.net.au
Thu Nov 13 01:04:57 EST 2008

Hi Jody,

I purchased an EZ top Hoist from:

The Hard Top Hoist Company
PO Box 2268, Houston, TX 77252-2268
713-694-4505 or 1-877-219-6332
Technical Support: 1-888-751-9967
http://www.eztop.com

4 years ago and it has been great.

I use the hard top on, perhaps, 6 times per year for a few days so it
lives in the roof most of the time.

No problems so far.

Replacing or removing the hardtop takes a few minutes.

I bought the manual winch version but the cordless drill attachment that
comes with the hoist makes it very fast to operate.

Attaching the lifting cradle is simple and it would be hard to damage
the hardtop.

I attach a couple of straps under the top when it is hoisted for added
security and to lift it higher at the rear end

One thing you need to think about...

My roof is 8'2" high and the pins of the hardtop are 5'9" off the ground
when it is hoisted. I bump my head every now and then.]

I could send a photo if you are interested.

The Hard top Hoist Co. website appears to be down at the moment but they
advertise a phone number and email support.

There is an installation manual on line that gives you a good idea about
what's involved. It took me a few hours to install.

Good Luck

Peter Cowie
98 SL500
Sydney Australia