[R129 SL] New to me SL320 and a quick question

Deneal Schilmeister (MacbookPro) SBC deneals at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 12 09:50:41 EST 2008

On 11/12/08 5:50 AM, "Jody Techlin" <starfishsailor at mail.com> wrote:

> I know the top is not to be stored using the hoist long term - but that said

> I would like to know if any of you choose to leave the top suspended for four

> or five months at a time or not. My garage is all concrete block as are many

> Florida garages and if I could feel safe simply hoisting the top out of the

> way for a few months at a time it would surely save floor space. Your

> thoughts please?

I cannot answer this question as I have never used a top hoist. Being in St
Louis, I keep the hard to off in summer and replace it in the winter. I
just get a neighbor or friend to help take the top on or off. Two can
easily handle it. The R129 hardtop is made of aluminum.

However, I have used a storage cart on wheels, which stores the top
vertically and takes up minimal floor space. The floor area used is about 15
inches deep and 46 inches wide.

I lived in Sarasota for a few years, so I know garage floor space is at a
premium!

Good luck!

--
Deneal Schilmeister