[R129 SL] Ignition switch/key problem

Frank GLASCOTT frank.glascott at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jun 17 07:01:01 EDT 2008

Fantastic piece of work, Chris. Take my hat off to you. Frank (France)

From: J.kuylaars at kpnplanet.nl

> To: r129list at mbcoupes.com

> Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 14:43:22 +0200

> Subject: Re: [R129 SL] Ignition switch/key problem

Chris.
You have a big problem.
Normally should open the doors , activate the central locker for the boot.
There are two wires and switch to do so. All of other central locking parts are in the boot.
And if your boot lock not will react is properly the air pipe or the membrane damaged .
So the only thing you can do is to drill out the lock cylinder in the boot and then with a hook release the iron piece from the membrane to the locker.
Or ask your dealer if they have an other suggestion.
Flying dutchmen