[R129 SL] Left seat motor for my 1991 300SL

Gail & Doug Wolvington grwdew at bellsouth.net
Sun Jun 15 22:52:08 EDT 2008

I am have a situation with my drivers seat, once it is moved back to fit my
6' husband, my seat can not be moved up to adjust to my short 5'2".

My husband can remove the bottom portion of drivers seat & work the right
side of the gear to move my seat to fit me. WHAT A PAIN and I find myself
not driving my SL!

Does anyone have any suggestions while I can find a motor--without going to
the dealership? I read some place to tap it with a hammer and it might
start working.

I think my car had gotten pretty wet prior to my 2 month ownership (we have
discovered water coming in around window driver & passenger with soft top,
we think we have gotten windows & doors adjusted....we'll see when we have
our next heavy rain in Bossier City, Louisiana.) Needless to say, I have
found several little quirks with the new love of my life.

Any suggestions and help is greatly appreciated!
Gail Wolvington
grwdew at bellsouth.net
Bossier City, Louisiana