[R129 SL] (no subject)

Jan Kuylaars J.kuylaars at kpnplanet.nl
Thu Feb 21 19:32:04 EST 2008

Hay peter

Here is the Flying Dutchmen back again.
Moving to my other home has ended.
Now my 500 Sl has a garage with a oil drain work hole and shiny tails.

About the tires; I used 4 pairs the last 5 years as long as I got the
car.I am using 18 inch wheels with 8.5 J
The first fault the foreign owner made was to put there 265 tires on.
The brand was Pirelli.
But on the inside there became cracks , so I changed them to 225
Pirellis.
After 18 months the new Pirellis'had the same problem.
No warranty.

They sell my cheaper ones : Chinese Wanli.
After one year the Wanli had also this problem.

The mechanic told me he had a lot of complaints for the same issue.
He had bought Indonesian ones , and I could have them for buying price;
125 euro a piece.
I did so , because I found that I have paid enough on tires, and they
have trouble to put the tires on the wheels.
With some soap and several pumping up the tire fits exactly with a loud
bang.

So the rubber is not for easy melting.
I drive the tire now for about 7 months without problems and for my
happiness with no shaking and enough power to the road.

THERE IS ONE THING THAT I CHANGED:
I HAVE SET MY TIRES FROM 2.2 BAR TO 2.8 ON THE BACK.

GREETINGS