[R129 SL] Workshop manual for 2000 SL320 V6

chris wadlow wadlowchris at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 9 11:33:59 EST 2008

Hi Pete,
I hope you enjoy the car. If you do find a workshop manual please let me know. I have owned a 1990 500SL for 5yrs now and it is a great car and I enjoy it very much. When I first got it I went through the exercise of trying to find a manual but after a few false starts with dodgy e-bay CD's I gave up. The worst thing about Mercedes is that they are very mean with thier information. I dont know if they think that if you can't get a manual you will pay thier exhorbitant main dealer prices or what the reasoning behind the policy is. I also have a 2000 270ML so the problem is doubled for me. I do all my own routine servicing which is half the fun of owning such a car as the SL and so far I have been lucky with the reliability. The best advice I can give is to 1. Join the owners club (You can get a fair bit of info from reading the forum ). 2. find a good INDEPENDENT service garage and cultivate him so that when you have a question or two you can get a helping hand. I use a very good Russian web site (Its written in English) which is a parts list for all Mercedes models with exploded diagrams. The part numbers work here with main agents and make life much easier when you need to order parts.
Good luck and regards, Chris

From: petebagnall44 at hotmail.comTo: r129list at mbcoupes.comDate: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 15:38:38 +0000Subject: [R129 SL] Workshop manual for 2000 SL320 V6

Hi all, I have just bought a 2000 SL320 V6, I am very pleased with it. I have been searching for a workshop manual for it just so I can understand a bit more about the car. My usual sources (Haynes or Clymer) don't list one. So has anyone else found one? i'm in the UK but if they are available outside the UK that's fine. Regards,Pete

Read amazing stories to your kids on Messenger. Try it Now!