[R129 SL] Was R129 Top operations now INTERIOR FITMENT PROBLEMS

Deneal Schilmeister (iMac) deneals at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 24 15:21:56 EDT 2007

I was able to replace the right hand side front top cylinder with the help
of a friend of mine who works at the Kemp Auto Museum here. Interestingly
enough, I met this guy through a Mercedes email list four or five years ago.

If any of you ever get to St Louis, it would be worth the time to check out
the museum:
http://kempautomuseum.com

PS My car is the R129 at the bottom of this page:
http://kempautomuseum.com/photos.php?category=Events&subcatID=14

MY NEW PROBLEM is that the piece that covers the top of the seat belt
housing on the driver¹s seat has come apart at the top of the housing,
leaving a gap between the front half and the back half of the seat belt
housing. The seat belt housing is tight at the bottom of the housing, and
I¹m afraid to pull the halves further apart to explore, fearing I¹ll break
the housing altogether.

MY QUESTION is has anyone have any experience with taking this seat belt
housing apart who could describe how the front and back attach together?
Have I broken a plastic clip?

I¹d also be interested if anyone has had experience in rebuilding the 129
seats; I believe the heater in the seat back is inoperative.

Thanks you everyone!

Deneal Schilmeister
MBCA Gateway 1991-2007
MBCA Cincinnati 2006-2008