[R129 SL] R129LIST Digest, Vol 33, Issue 15

Lowanover at aol.com Lowanover at aol.com
Wed Sep 19 17:47:49 EDT 2007

Hi Jan,

great news about your transmission. Thank you for sharing your experiences
with all of us. Perhaps it will prevent similar problems for others on this
list. Did you find out from anyone in your travels just how often the
transmission fluid and filter should be changed in the "sealed" SL's? I asked my
dealer about it and was told that changing the fluid was unnecessary.

I have about 45000 miles on my 1996 SL600 now and can't help but think that
the oil and filter should be changed. I have always done it regularly on other
MB's that I've owned, but not sure what to think about this "sealed" thing.

Cheers,
Dave
the Flying Cunuck- (Cunuck is slang for Canadian, and I'm also an Airline
Pilot, so I really do fly!)