[R129 SL] Panoramic vs Standard Hardtop

Flodur2 at aol.com Flodur2 at aol.com
Thu May 17 19:08:11 EDT 2007

I've come across several offers (ebay and the car magazines) for the
Panorama Hardtop which was standard on the SL600 and optional on the SL500 and have
considered getting one for my SL500. However, a footnote in the contemporary
sales literature states that a panoramic room cannot be fitted to a car with
has the standard hardtop as original. Does anyone know why this is and what
modifications would need to be made to fit the optional one? I'm interested it
for a late model, 2001 or 2002.

Thanks,
Rudy