[R129 SL] Noisy Top Release

Flodur2 at aol.com Flodur2 at aol.com
Mon May 14 23:39:35 EDT 2007

Hello,

What are owner's observations when the hardtop is being removed; is it
really noisy? The first time I did the automatic top release on my recently
acquired SL500, I thought I had broken something as the latches unlocked the top.
There were loud thumps. Everything seemed to work fine and the top unlocked
properly and rose up uniformly but the "pops" were unnerving. Is this normal? Is
some lubrication required? What are owner's experiences? The manual is quiet
on this aspect.

Thanks, Rudy
2002 SL500