[R129 SL] speedometer sensor

mooncusser moon.cusser at verizon.net
Wed May 2 12:23:23 EDT 2007

Jan,
You are great...works just like it did before it fell out. And my soft top started
working again also. Must be some connection between the two items.
Thanks again for all your help...
B F Rollins
On Wed, 02 May 2007 11:48:45 -0400, you wrote:

>Hi Jan,

>Very good...will let you know how I make out with getting it back into the transmission.

>Later...

>B F Rollins

>On Wed, 02 May 2007 16:07:35 +0200, you wrote:

>>It is on the driver side of the vehicle , at the end of the gearbox, but it

>>is hidden.

>>So look how far the wires can go, there should be the hidden hole.

>>In the gearbox there is on the drive axe a wheel with teethes, and the

>>inductive sensor is a mm from that inside wheel mounted, so it counts the

>>teeth on the wheel every time Your axe is turned around. So they can

>>calculated your speed.

>>Jan Kuylaars Westerhoven

>The MB Coupes Website!

>R129 SL Mailing List

B F Rollins II

1)1963 220 (now history)
Blue/Grey
2)1981 240d (body cancer claimed this one )
Ivory/Brown 192000
3)1992 300sl 68000 (summer)
Black/Gray
4)1992 190e 159000