[R129 SL] Rear Shocks For 98 SL500

William Ricketts bandbricketts at ns.sympatico.ca
Sat Jun 30 15:56:25 EDT 2007

Hello Folks;

I am hoping someone can advise my if my 98 SL500 takes regular hydraulic or pneumatic shocks in the rear.

My independent garage believes they're hydraulic and is planning to order that type, but when he checked with the dealer he was advised they are likely pneumatic.

Is there an easy way to tell? I believe pneumatic ones may be related to having ADC and/or self-levelling suspension, but I don't have either of these to my knowledge.

Any advice would be most appreciated, thank you...

Bill