[R129 SL] SL-500 Air conditioning

George Jenner gjenner at nc.rr.com
Thu Jun 21 19:05:04 EDT 2007

I had trouble with the air conditioning in my '96 SL500 about a year ago.
All it needed was refrigerant. I found that out by buying a kit called
"Auto Air Conditioner ReChill Kit" by Quest. This kit comes with a gauge to
check the AC system pressure, and the R-134a refrigerant, which comes with
stop leak already in it in case there is small leakage which is virtually
undetectable as mine was. I forgot where I got it online but you should be
able to Google it by name.

Hope this is a minor problem for you - George