[R129 SL] Hardtop Jam

Flodur2 at aol.com Flodur2 at aol.com
Tue Jul 24 17:43:31 EDT 2007

In my absence two of my family members tried to put the hardtop on my 2002
SL500. They didn't put the rear pins in first, but managed to get the front to
connect at the windshield. The right front seems to be solidly connected but
all four rear pins are sitting on the rear deck bodywork, not in the
receptacle holes. The left front attachment seems unlatched. Electrically cycling
the switch doesn't seem to release the front latch and I am afraid to drive it
to a repair agency in this condition. Any suggestions on how to unlock the
right front attachment?

Thanks,
Rudy Boentgen