[R129 SL] R129LIST Digest, Vol 31, Issue 18

rett rett.bryson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 19:36:14 EDT 2007

Hi Paul,
Not sure if I can give you more information. . . . . My mechanic had a set
of prongs (not sure if they were MB "official" tools) that acted like a bent
coat hanger (one per side). We inserted the prongs into each side of the
cluster and had to evenly, slowly, and firmly pull the cluster out. It has
to come out straight. Once it was out, we replaced a light bulb for the
instrument cluster. It was really easy to do and very basic. . . . but I
had my independent MB mechanic basically showing me how to do it. . . . .
not sure if I would personally risk the cluster myself. . . . steering wheel
removal was not required and he did not charge me for replacing the light or
removing the cluster. The light was replaced in under 5 minutes.
-Rett