[R129 SL] problems automatic gear.

Eva Esquivel evaesquivel at cox.net
Sun Jul 8 19:46:56 EDT 2007

HI Jan,

It sounds like a problem I had a year ago, same symptoms. I had to tow my
car to the garage. The car would not accelerate and had a hard start. The
mechanic tried cleaning the injectors first but that did not work. He
charged me $$200.00 USD for the labor of cleaning the injectors. The
symptoms re-appeared a couple of days later. This time he decided to
replace the distributor rotors and the distributor cap. He also found a
damaged pin for distributor. He managed to fix the pin but not replace it
because it's labor intensive. I paid $380.00 USD for the parts and $0 for
labor.

Later I found the parts on the internet for less the half the price. The
baby has been working excellent since the replacement of the parts. He also
replaced the ignition switch. I paid $81.00 for the part and no labor cost.

Hope this helps

Eva

_____