[R129 SL] AIR CONDITIONING LEAK.

Deneal Schilmeister (iMac) deneals at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 8 14:14:43 EDT 2007

On 7/8/07 12:27 PM, "mid-co at ix.netcom.com" <mid-co at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> 1995 SL -500

> After a couple of charges and an evacuation , it's time

> to find the leak in my air conditioner. It will hold

> a charge for about 10 days.

> I"ve been told that if the leak is "under the dash"

> the bill could easly reach $3000.

> If anyone can tell me where these units usually

> leak , let me know. Also , if the leak is

> "under the dash" is this a fair price for

> an independent garage repair ?

> Thanks for your help.

> Bruce in Nashville.

³Under dash² probably means evaporator replacement. This cost me $4000 at
an independent Mercedes-only mechanic on my 300TD four years ago.

See <">http://homepage.mac.com/deneals/300TD_Evap0.htm>
<http://homepage.mac.com/deneals/300TD_Evap0.htm>

I would guess it would be more labor intensive in the 129 cars.

Good luck!

Deneal Schilmeister
MBCA Gateway 1991-2007
MBCA Cincinnati 2006-2008