[R129 SL] '98 SL500 Oil Leak

George Jenner gjenner at nc.rr.com
Tue Jan 2 19:48:09 EST 2007

Howard, I too have been experiencing a small amount of oil leaking. The leak I have seems to be coming from the oil filter cartridge housing cover which is located on the right side. There are two O ring type seals on the cover and I changed these recently but I have not had a chance to remove the dust cover under the engine to clean it so I can see if the new O rings have helped. When I got a new oil filter from MB there was a package with the O rings and new washers in the carton, but the last filter I got from NAPA did not have these with it so from now on I will get my new oil filters from MB.

Hope you find that leak and let us know where it was - George Jenner 1996 SL500 80K